Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I got a T2 Law Firm job from JGLS, haven't had alcohol or drugs in my life. Never smoked as well. It was an amazing time at JGU, made lifelong friendships and enjoyed living there. I thought that it was a great place. Never could have afforded it without the scholarship and had absolutely 0 contacts. Nice people are out there, but maybe it sucks that they do not find each other at JGU.
If you don’t drink or do drugs AND don’t have a safety net (meaning connections to get you a job), Jindal is NOT the place for you. Let me elucidate this by talking about a student who we will call Mr. D. In his first year, Mr. D was very ambitious and hardworking chap who believed in doing extensive networking. Mr. D doesn’t come from a very well off family and is middle class. Over the second-third year, Mr. D, in the company of his ”friends” started abusing substances including hard drugs (MD). Slowly, he became an addict and was so dependent on it that the doctor couldn’t differentiate whether he had schrizopenia or if he was acting under the influence of drugs. Anyways, Mr. D is now home and is giving up on the degree. His parents, who are not very well off have lost upwards of 32 Lakhs on his education (he was in the fourth year). If you can get a job due to daddy’s contacts then go ahead and join Jindal!
Keep in mind states like Punjab and Haryana have quite a lot of drugs going on in general, does that mean you shouldn't set foot in these states?

At some point you need to be personally responsible.
No is going to force you to drink alcohol or consume drugs.

Both cost money.

You have to ask yourself if you will feel the desire to do them.

But this whole drug culture in law schools thing is a joke.

Drugs are done in most colleges and no one bats an eye lid.
I have already dropped a year for this year’s clat. But I will retake the exam without dropping further. Till then I have to choose Jgls it seems
JGLS is pretty unlikable place. A drop year would be much wise of a decision than opting for whatever JGLS is.

They look at theirs students as money making machines.

The one good thing about JGLS is its pathway programme but even that is full of shit when you get to the bottom of it, it's also nothing but a complex money making scheme.
But will your tier 3 NLU give you the chance to be tennis buddies with the son of a top law firm owner, or date the daughter of a top industrialist :) As for drugs, no one is forcing you to do it. And let me tell you that 80% of NLU kids have smoked weed or drunk bhang at least once, including girls.
Genuine query. All my life I have studied and debated. I am not into alcohol or into drugs. I am coming into Jindal via decent scholarship(i couldn’t afford JGLS on my own) which can tell y’all that I belong to upper middle class family. Plus I am leaving a tier-3 nlu for jgls. But recently several threads here and there have been scaring me a bit. The drug culture has gotten worse at Jindal apparently. Will that affect me? And then there are the rich and powerful who are undoubtedly influential. Now just because they have the ‘rich’ tag doesn’t make them automatically venomous. But do they tolerate dissent? Do they acknowledge merit?