Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Got a placement at quislex from second tier nlu at 8 lpa. Should I join or seek other avenues?
Ideally, no. Avoid LPOs because they have a terrible reputation and most decent law firms would not want to give you a shot even when you want to make that switch.

However, if you're aware that you don't have many law firm options or if you're from the graduating batch/have graduated, then the answer depends upon exactly which college you're from. Some would call GNLU/NLIU Tier, and in such a case, no, you'll get much better options purely from your brand label.If you're from RML/RGNUL/NLUO, then, yes, this package is just a little below the norm, and there's not many employment opportunities anyway, so might as well accept it.
This firm has done a lot of hiring from NLUO and other tier 2 NLU. I’m assuming you are from NLUO. I’m also from NLUO, and a senior of yours. Please don’t think twice and take it. The salary is enough to manage your own expenses. Stick to that place for a good time, a year atleast reach A-1 Level and then with 1 years PQE make a switch to Tier 1 Firm.

Don’t leave it till you have a job in hand.

Nowadays all recruiters look for is PQEs, no matter how great CV or academics you have.

All the best.

PS: This Corporate job race is a self paced race, don’t follow your peers. Be an eagle and fly solo.
Take it. But prepare for IAS, GMAT etc on the side. A law firm job won't give you prep time but this job may.
A 27-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.