Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hey LI, I'm about to finish up my penultimate year. Last sem I managed to get and internship at SAM through a contact. Then for a stint at Trilegal (last sem of 4th yr), where I stayed an extra month.

Background on the internships-

SAM : I was initially given 2 weeks of virtual internship. I managed to get a 2 weeks extension. I didn't see much hope there as all of it was virtual and I couldn't really connect that well with the team. I was working 24/7, stayed up with the associates all night, took up work when one of them had to leave for a couple days and basically did the best I could. As It was my first non litigation T1 Stint, It took me a bit to get adjusted.

TRI : Now this is a place which is really confusing. This was my first internship at TL. As an intern I don't mind working long hours or grinding through weekends. Problem is, for the first 2 weeks of my internship I wasn't assigned a single task. Not one task. My mentor was a great guy. I asked for an extension as the final week of my internship was right around the corner and I hadn't even logged 20 hours of work. The next month was also uneventful, there had been some late nights but very few assignments required application of mind. Meanwhile I was getting work from other teams from other offices in totally different practice areas. Funny thing is the associates in that team were very impressed with my work. Even wrote me a little going away message on the last day of my internship. But my relationship with my own team had been inconsistent at best. I didn't see them a lot as there wasn't much work and they all preferred allocating work over the phone and Email. However I prepared a decent Intern Presentation which my mentor liked. Not sure if they'll call me back, even if they do, not sure if they'll make an offer. Of course I'll do my best, that's a given.

Thing is that I'm anxious and confused, I really really need an offer, and a good one at that. Situation is such that my family needs atleast 15l+ annum, and we need it starting next year. The options look bleak for me.

Just came here for advise on what things I could do. Are 5th Yr PPOs a thing? Are any firms constantly on the lookout? Does a T2 firm pay that well? Which firms have a one internship policy? Do they hire non NLUs ?

Funny thing is, and I know it sounds naive, I love the work! I like transactional stuff, I like the meticulous bits, the proof reading researching etc. I like it, and I'm willing to do it. Thanks LI.
Bumpp guys it feels like i wrote it. OP your post is so relatable. Also, dw you will get a call back for sure
Afaik some T2s pay really well, Argus has offered 16lpa for 2024 batch hires