Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
I am telling you how - by not taking the opinions here seriously. 3/4th of the people here berate the top 3 because they couldn’t make it(I hope the mod allows it , it’s not trollish and I have more to say). And it’s fine no one can always top entrances or have the mental space to afford drop years. So they usually go for the nlu they received but oh boy their attitude towards people from top 3 gets so unnecessarily mean that you question their own merits.

Recently a person from MNLU Nagpur trolled nlsiu for increased batch strength

Recently a person from Nujs(my frnd) got trolled by a JGLS folk because of their campus and how that does not provide inclusive learning space?

You will find people taking shots at you for changing colleges from tier-2 to tier-1 just for better opportunities when they themselves should study and not be insecure (recently what happened with an incoming nalsar student as he joined from Symbi and someone said symbi provides equal opportunities lmao - although the troll rightly got bashed)

What is this Tier-1 hatred? I genuinely want to know? Is this some concocted plan to downgrade the good opportunities and better merits?

I want to know genuine opinions and not intending to be trollish.
Let them throw hatred toward the top NLUs. It's not easy to come across bad arguments in top law schools. Forget about top NLUs, the best fights are the ones involving NLU v non-NLU students. The primary contention is why top law firms hire from top NLUs only and does not go to their college. Ask that to an engineering grad from a T-3 Private engineering college. When peeps from IITs are getting packages in crores, an average engineering grad struggles to get a 3LPA package. Thats how the world works!
It’s a β€˜grapes are sour’ kind of situation. But also that tier 1 law school kids leave no stone unturned when it comes to showing other kids their β€œplace” in the law school stratification. Get off the high horse and be kind, you’ll receive kindness in return.
True.

I find this phenomenon weird, the hate the top NLUs recieve from Tier 2/3 NLUs, and even non NLU students.

You don't see the top IITs receiving such hatred from the lower IITs or private enginnering colleges.

The top NLUs do have better placements, are more inclusive, tend to do better at getting ivy league universities.

As you rightly said, at this point all of this just reeks of envy.
But were there points invalid? Yes NLS has increased its batch size to 240, and that is bound to pose problems when the 2028 batch sits for placements.

Nujs does have a tiny campus, despite having being alloted a 50 acre area all the way in 2006 for a new campus but the land lies barren to this day.

It's not like the points were invalid, maybe the "top NLUs" need to stop being so sensitive and take criticisms in a more positive light.
Even then NLS will have better placements than MNLU so chill.

The government is responsible for the slow pace of development in the 50acres of land and not the University admin. Even after having a 5acre campus, I don't see how it should effect one. U choose a college based on academics, placements among other things and not how big the campus is
The tiny campus does not come in the way of the students learning law, which is what they are there for. Compared to most other NLUs, it is also located in the middle of the city, with all the facilities a stone's throw away.
Symbi does not provide equal opportunities with nalsar lmao. Dropping out is perfectly fine in that space

Nujs has a small yet inclusive campus - there is a difference

NLS’s batch strength increment can be beneficial and that is to bee seen in the long run not just after a month