Read 169 comments as:
Filter By
Please share your views that which state Judicial Service is best like promotion scope, facilities, life, work culture, etc. If possible then also provide comparison between states judiciary's on any factors. Any other informations related to topic are also welcome.

Note :

1. Act like mature & take this thread seriously & only share your views if you're well-versed or logical informations keeping objectice of thread in mind otherwise don't spam.

2. Don't share the pay of judges or comparison of judicial services with other govt or pvt. jobs as separate thread is already on these topics.

3. Please use unique username as it will be very easy to everyone to identify & comment.
Can any experienced one tell me how is Bihar Judiciary like facilities, court staffs, work environment, etc. I am willing to join BJS and going to appear for 32nd BJS. Also any specific informations like which districts have good number of tourist spots etc.

Plz plz plz if know then share
Bihar Judicial Services:-

1. Salary wise good - 2nd NJPC have been already implemented there ,i.e., Basic would be 78000 and DA would be 42@% .

2. Facilities wise too good - you'll get PSOs from starting., Don't know about car but yaa you'll get 2bhk or 3bhk flat.

About later things I don't know , you must ask Judicial officers who are currently working in that state !
If ask to anyone they will recommend DJS but personally I believe that there are number of states better than DJS. Visit there you'll see that how much members of judiciary are enjoying which is missing in Delhi.

Not evertime we all look for facilities, perks etc., but other aspect too. Also yesterday the 2nd NJPC judgement announed which made unfiorm salary & pension in District Judiciary across the nation, only allowances left which is expected to be get decided by the end of this year. So salary, perks, pensions are no longer ans issues.

My friend is in Chhatisgarh Judicial Service & i used to visit him every year specially in winter vacations. If anyone ask me then I will reccomend for this state because -

1. Chiling work life - Normally anywhere administartive works or meetings or other office works scheduled post office hours but here I found that in exceptional cases they hold any meetings or adm. work post 5 pm means you're free to chill or enjoy with family post office hours. Also most of the time family parties held here either at large or within judges only but it happens and high officals from Executives like senior IAS / IPS also join your company.

2. Supportive work culture - This is the most important factor a job seeker expects from the job. Here I saw not only court staffs or senior judges but also the Bar is highly supportive. Even if you scold them, they avoud to retaliate and respond politely. Also the general public will provide you assistance whenever needed without any greed. Even the scope of office political culture is very less.

3. Coveted service feeling - Whoever wants to feel & enjoy the royality of judiciary CGJS is for them. The treatment, respect you'll get can't express in word. You will feel like "Aise lgta hai Apunich Baghwan hai". Like once we stucked in traffic & few auto drivers noticed my friend (we were in cab w/o bodyguard) they immediately clear the passage for us like it is an emergency vechile. My friend said that this is very common here as people gives lot of respect to judges then other govt officers. But here in Delhi even convoy holders suffer to get free way.

4. Other things - peaceful environment, fresh atmosphere, cheaper place, connected with nearest hill stations & coastal areas.

These are the factors which I either have not found or are exceptional in Delhi. There are other factors too but limited to four because to avoid any controversies.
DJS is only good for you if you have competitive mind, not everyone can have (basically, lazy ones)!
Then why Delhi has more pending cases than Chhatisgarh....chacha Chaudhry ji 🤣🤣
DJS is unnecessarily overhyped like UPSC and all expectations will get shattered once you join like how IAS/IPS selected candidates dream get shattered after knowing the reality of their system.

Everyone wants good career progression & royal life style which is missing in DJS. In Delhi post court hour even your court peon don't bother about you unless he have any interest.
Mr. Kim Jong, Yet I would reccomend DJS to anyone. My father is a serving DJ in Jharkhand Judicial Service and during his 25+ long service we have encountered with many issues which made me to think why DJS is better. Even my father reccomend us Delhi more than other states.

Why DJS is better -

1. Living in metro cities - No one wants to live in rural or underdeveloped areas. Majority have dream to live in cities where everything is available 24hr. After partition in 2000, my father choose & shifted to Jharkhad as we belong to the areas now in Jharkhand. Till now Jharkhand is among underdeveloped states of India. In remote areas forget about important thing, there is huge lack of basic amenities like good schools, societies, shops, transports, etc.

2. Good Safety - Security to Judicial officers are good but not adequate here even after 2021 incident. It is same throughout the state which should not be. Every districts have different level of threat and require securities accordingly. During tenure, we were transferred to many dangerous places where criminal activities normally can be seen. In many places whole city would go dark by 7 PM & no one dare to go out even the DM/SP used to shy away from going out. Now these issues has been resolved but not properly. The Judges / IAS are forced to shift their families to big developed cities of Jharkhand or anywhere in India.

3. Scope - few colleagues of my father were in DJS (same batch but they couldn't make to PDJ rank in Delhi due to age gaps & time taking promotion) they always use to share with us the scope & opportunities at Delhi in legal field (outside judiciary) whose 1/4 is not here till now. Even for retiree like he told us that hardly any ex-DJS officer would sit at home post retirement because many high paying opportunities are awaiting for them. They always instruct me don't go for govt. services & move further (i know the frustration because his batchamtes (nearly of same age) in other states makes to HC Judgeship but they not even to PDJ rank)

So, these are enough to compare why DJS is also best. Well I am not favoring that DJS is best in India as it have lot of demerits too (one i identified in point no. 03) but my purpose is to point out that every states have their own merits & demerits. All states are best in its own, it is upon the candidates to choose according to interest & research.

Will share about perks & facilities in Jharkhand judiciary shortly
only cmm & dj are provided with psos & car other given pool car or fuel allowance
This is misleading on so fronts. This only happens in Chandigarh and that too in some areas. Kisiko farak nehi padhta- djs is easier than upsc or cat or gmat
Bhai easier than gmat kaise ho sakta hai? Gmat competitive exam hai bhi nahi. Pata bhi hai competitive exam kya hota hai? Gmat main limited seats hoti hai kya like in DJS? Soch liya karo bolne se pehle. I know you like to shit on DJS, on all threads. But logic bhai?
He doesn't know the dffrn b/w sem exams & finals, how he could know anything. His level of understanding reflects from his writing.

Just downvote & Avoid them simple
First of all stop saying ‘bhai bhai bhai’ - ▮▮▮

‘Gmat competitive exam hein bhi nehi’ - Awww , more than 7 lakh candidates sit for the exam. And try to score 700 plus in gmat na? Your fake attitude of ‘soch liya karo bolne se pehle’ will fly out of the window. And no I won’t think , cause assessing which exam is tough and which exam is not doesn’t require too much of knowledge and experience. Maybe you require it , because well let’s admit you just said gmat is not a competitive exam.

Also how many people sit for DJS. Right. The number doesn’t even cross 20k. But don’t worry , even then you will not crack it. You know why? Because our judiciary doesn’t want folks like you who love to spread hatred just because their mediocrity is exposed. And I have never ‘shit’ on any thread, so don’t go around being frustrated and complaining about people for something they did not do.

‘Pata bhi hein competitive exam kya hota hein’ - at least I have proven that I know this better than you. Have you? And you first of all should not expect any logic when you yourself don’t have any idea what’s going on. I will like to urge the mod to allow this comment and not feel like I am taunting. Some people should know that their arrogance is not justified when their target is even noteworthy.

Maybe learn some manners next time.
Gmat is an exam for admission in MBA programs where as DJS is an exam for entry in govt.service. Former is for study & latter is for job. How could both be compared ?? If according to you this is a competitive exam than AIBE should also be competitive exam as every year 1 to 2L applied and appeared for it ??? Is it become tougher than DJS on the basis of number of applicants??

For a while I could understand if you had compared b/w same eligibility criterias. Par yaha too kahani hi alag hai. For DJS only Law graduates with min. 50% + age between 21 to 35 (Gen.) can apply BUT BUT for Gmat who have min. 18 yr (also 13 to 17yr can appear with permission of guardian) and no uppar age limit and can apply irrespective of education qualification.

So definitely DJS would have less number of candidats where as Gmat would've higher. I don't understand what made you to compared between them & how number of candidates define exam toughness ?????? Indian railway exam hold the record of highest candidates appearance so it become toughest exam in India ??

P.S.: I am not that person whom you supposed to get respond or have responded. I am new for this thread. & Yes one more thing if you're not agree with anyone than respond politely, you're tone seems abusing, I don't know how mod. allowed your comment.
[Mod, please allow this comment, I want the facts to be straight for the readers].

"more than 7 lakh candidates sit for the exam. And try to score 700 plus in gmat na?"

Point 1. Format of these exams

GMAT does not have limited seats. DJS does. So does any other judicial service exam as well as UPSC.

In GMAT, I'm not competing with other applicants or trying to out-rank others, I'm only trying to get a great score for myself. Unlike that, DJS, from the time of the notification has limited seats as notified each year i.e a candidate is competing with every single candidate to get a seat. The number of seats notified by the High Court of Delhi range from as low as 40 to as high as 120. In some years, DJS is not even conducted, GMAT is conducted five times in a year.

In DJS (like UPSC), you don't just want a good score, you also want to out-rank others. GMAT does not work like that.

Have you ever seen someone talk about their 'rank' after their GMAT result? No, because they are only concerned with their individual marks and not where they stand vis-a-vis others.

Point 2. Your inaccurate and untruthful statistics

Moving further, on how many people take GMAT. You have said 'more than 7 lakhs'. Let's fact check. Please read the following excerpt from Financial Times article dated May 9, 2022:

"According to data from the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), which owns and administers the GMAT, in the testing year (TY) 2017, as many as 250,761 MBA aspirants across the world took the GMAT, but in TY18 it dropped to 242,714, and further to 225,621 in

TY19, 173,176 in TY20 and 156,453 in TY21.

In the US, which has the maximum number of people taking the GMAT historically, the number of people taking the GMAT has dropped by over 50% from 79,746 in TY17 to just 38,509 in TY21.

In China, the number of GMAT test takers has reduced from 68,906 in TY17 to 39,739 in TY21.

In India, the country which has the third largest GMAT exam takers, the number of aspirants dropped from 32,514 in TY17 to 32,425 in TY18 to 30,590 in TY19 and 26,129 in TY20, before increasing marginally to 27,445 in TY21."

TL;DR - In 2021, worldwide 1.5 lakh applicants took GMAT. In India, in the same year, apprx 28k applicants took GMAT.

Even if the number has gone up since 2021, your "7 lakh" number is absolutely untruthful, and an irresponsible statement.

Let us also not forget that GMAT applicants come from all fields (business, commerce, law, humanities, engineering, etc.) and GMAT is used to apply to hundreds of colleges, whereas DJS is an exam open only to law grads and thus the pool of people are also quite different.

Therefore, the comparison of DJS with GMAT makes no sense, and even if done as per your logic, your numbers are made up and a complete lie.

"But don’t worry , even then you will not crack it. You know why? Because our judiciary doesn’t want folks like you who love to spread hatred just because their mediocrity is exposed."

Personal attacks, much? Thanks for your good wishes and I hope you aren't this bitter in real life.

Lastly, you are the one comparing exams of different fields, and disrespecting and dissing on an exam for judges in our country, and at the same time also saying "our judiciary doesn't want folks like you who love to spread hatred". Are you talking about yourself?

"at least I have proven that I know this better than you." Decided yourself? Judge in your own cause?

If somebody wants to become a judge in Delhi, if they are an aspirant for DJS, why are you so attacked by it and why do you feel the need to bring DJS down using made up numbers?

If somebody wants to do an MBA, they'll take GMAT (fair), and if somebody want to join judicial service, they'll take DJS (or any other judicial exam -- also fair), but how are you making this about which exam is better? Each exam is better for the person who wants to pursue that field. How are you comparing MBAs with judiciary? If I want to become a judge, should I instead take GMAT just to prove that I have cleared GMAT? What's going on...
Basically saying that the stats given by a user are incorrect, as only around 28-30k people take GMAT in India. It is not 7 lakhs as asserted by the previous user. Also saying that GMAT is not ‘competitive’ like DJS because DJS has limited vacancies each notification and ranks matter to make it, whereas in GMAT, there is no such concept of ‘vacancies’, no need to outrank others in GMAT, GMAT only gives a score for using for application to a university.
Don't compare anyone with God please don't use these lines like apunich bhagwan hai
Sir can you ask your friend why commission never release Chhatis.JS prelims marks & cutoff? Why HC is silent on this matter?

kisi ko kuch bhi pata ho to bata do ghar par sbko lag rha jhut bol rahi hu ki pariksha diya kuyki official number & cutoff hi nhi dikha paa rahi
Personal recommendation - don't join BJP Ruling states judicial services
my suggestion, states still have old pension scheme is best. Go for it
I am going to write UP mains in few days & also waiting for MP & Haryana JS. Anyone who have appeared or cleared or working (is/was) can provide perfect comparison between these states JS i mean which state is better. Small information may boost my preparation.

thanks you in advance
Hey! How was ur mains ? Plz share ur experience with us. I missed the chance by 2-3 marks for mains.
Above than average. Sure I'll share my experience in detail whenever get free
Any info on West Bengal Judiciary? Is it possible for someone from Kolkata to stay in parts of south Bengal for the majority of their career or is there a very high possibility of getting transferred to Andaman or North Bengal?
Andaman & Darjeeling is not only the most demanded tourist destination but also positing under WBJS. So simple unless you've strong connections within department posting there quite impossible. For women it is relaxed some extent. I found that women judges mostly prefer for Darjeeling side areas rather for andaman. However you'll get bored in andaman after 1-2yr but not in darjeeling (except winters). All season chilling weather 🥶
UP, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Delhi are the only places you should consider.

All places mentioned other than Delhi offer good career progression and if selected with a good rank before 25 one can easily get elevated to the High Court by the end of their career.

Delhi is obvious, but you'll be given 138 NI cases to handle for the first 3 years with very less diversity of cases.

The reason why these states must be preferred is due to the Mai Bap culture, you will command respect not just within your court but outside it as well.

Also, the perks in all the states are almost same due to the Uniform implementation of the recommendations of the second judicial pay commission.

As of now states with the old pension scheme amongst the mentioned states are Rajasthan and Chattisgarh, but if the SJPC recommendations with regards to pension are implemented the same (OPS) will be applicable to all the states. Keep in mind that OPS is more lucrative than NPS.

The in hand salary of a fresher judge in almost all the states is more than 1Lac per annum plus perks and allowances like residence, Vehicle/fuel, helper etc.

Best state in my opinion amongst all is Uttar Pradesh.
2bhk for judicial officer 🤪 ??? LoL!!! Give me a break dude even in Delhi & Mumbai 3 to 4 bhk apartments provided.

In BIHAR :

1. ACCOMODATION - 4BHK (3BHK + 1 Office room) type V-VI govt. appartment provided to all judicial officer. Whoever alloted bungalows will have 5BHK (4BHK + 1 Office room) of type VI-VII. This rule was brought by Bihar Govt. in compliance with Central Sponsored Scheme around in the year 2007-09. Nearly in every districts of Bihar, new semi furnished quarters & bungalows has been constructed on modern pattern with all amenities (you will love it). Bihar govt. is planning to provide one AC to home offices of every judicial officers (also recommended in 2NJPC) earlier it was only provided to DJs / Family Judges / CJMs.

2. SECURITY - 24 × 7hr Armed rifle Home guard provided to judical accommodations. For judicial quarters home guards may be around 3-5 while for judicial bungalows 2-4.

In Civil Judges (Jr. Divi) bodyguard provided only to SDJMs/Railway Magistrates/ Special Judicial Magistrates of important courts (like CBI, etc) for other if circumstances justified then. However liberty has been given to the female judicial officers (specially in affected areas) that they can avail whenever needed.

3. CAR - Independent official car provided to DJs/ Family Judges/ ADJ-1 / CJMs only. Special Judges of CBI, NIA, etc courts (in ADJ to DJ rank) are either provided the Inde. car or driver pay + fuel allowances. While other Judges have to opt. either pool car facility or fuel allowances.

4. PEON / ORDERLY & PA - All Judges provided with min. 2 orderlies (peon) except DJs which have 5, CJMs have 4-5 (district wise), ADJ-1 / Family Judges / Sub Judge-1 / Munsiff provided 3.

Additionally 1 PAs provided only to DJs, Family Judges & CJMs. While others judges any one clerks acts as PA also.

5. OTHER MINOR PERKS - iPad 256GB (cost around Rs. 50K) + HP laptop with windows 10 & utubnu (soon planning to replace with Macbook) & HP printer (MFP M128fn) + CUG number + SCC online subscription + other gadgets time to time as HC & Bihar Govt. deem fit

6. Work Environment : Every office environment has mixed culture but here percentages of cool people is more. If you're outsiders they will treat you more than insiders.

These all are accurate information taken from my Brother working in BJS. Anything else want to know about BJS drop your message here.
Hey, can you pls provide all these same information regarding DJS too ??
With regards to facilities of judicial officers in all UTs, CPC & NJPC both applied accordingly.

Covering only important Facilities & Allowances in Delhi & UTs :

1. Accomodation - 3 or 4 bhk flats or HRA at Central Govt. norms (no bungalow system for DJS except PDJ). Due to frequent transfers within cities many prefer to shift permanently rather than opting quarters (for DJS).

2. Car - Same as other states BUT BUT here they also have to pay if uses it for non-official purpose and on payment max. 500 KM they can took their official car. This rule is same for all Central Govt. & Delhi Govt. employees.

3. Home orderly - Due to distance b/w court & residence, it is unable to get the services of orderlies extended to the home also. Thus here home orderly ALLOWANCE given to hire one unskilled labour as orderly. CMM & PDJ can hire 2 & 3 respectively.

4. Security - Non-armed security provided to judicial residential complexes. Govt. hire guards from verified private service providers. PSO only provided to specifc judges.

5. Other allowances :

5.1. Tech. Allowance - 1.10L (every 4yr) + Mobile phone (every 3yr)

5.2. Furniture Allowance - 1.25 (every 5yr)

5.3. Free electricity & Water - 6K unit /annum for civil judges & 8K unit /annum for DJ cadre

5.4. Children Education Allowance - Rs. 2250/month & Hostel Subsidy Rs. 6750/ month (for 2 children upto class 12th)

5.5. Newspaper Allowance - Rs. 500/month (2 paper & 1 magazine) for civil judge & Rs. 700/ month (2 paper & 2 magazine) for DJ

5.6. Robe Allowance - Rs. 6K (every 3yr)
Whats the exact in handsalary after 2nd NJPC for a newly recruited cj?
Salary already discussed on another thread having name - "Judical Service in Hand Pay".

Visit there
Gross is around 1.15L to 1.2L so in-hand would around 1.11L to 1.18L monthly
Dosto there are other states also than DJS, so plz share about them too
Anyone have idea about Uttrakhand Judiciary facilities, perks ?? pls share
I heard, that in Telangna the District Judges also get Fortuner like DM /SP. Is it ?
sarkaro ko judge ki salary increases krne pr financial burdern aa raha, petition pr petition daal rhi or apko lgta hai ki ye fortuner denge ?? Inki ikasha too cycle bhi dene ki nhi hein, car de diya wahi badi baat hai.

Only specific ias &ips babus are given fortuner (wo v old ka old model) while judges have either Indica or Maruti ciaz or scorpio or safari & almost every district judge's safari or scorpio has been replaced with Innova crysta (lastest model)
In Manipur, govt. provided every judicial officer given independent vehicles & majority have bungalows.
Reason is there are very less number of judges. Forget the outsiders even domiciled didn't take interest for MJS (Manipur). Highly remote area it is.
when govt. is giving fuel allowance than why anyone would look for sarkari gadi. Now most of the judicial officer's prefer to ride & drive his own luxury sedan or suvs rather than old model fatfatiyas. This is why in many states, pool cars has been discontinued as no one opt for it.

Now judges are purchasing there dream cars of latest model like Honda city, verna, creta, sokda superb, harrier, safari, ciaz, fortuner, etc. I saw in Maharashtra & Haryana few judges owned BMW / Mercedes. On youtube saw in Rajasthan a judge have Range Rover.

So maje lo guru or kya chaiye
Mod why did you marked this reply "when govt. giving fuel allowances" as contested ??

The informations are true and sources are judges personal insta & fb handel and also few YouTube videos. They actually own BMW/Range Rover car. Anyone can visit & verify. So please remove the contested tag.

THANKS
Whoever are from judicial family background plse also make YouTube videos about perks & facilities of respective states. It will motivates many aspirants. No such videos are on YouTube.
MP fresher civil judges facilities :

semi furnished residence (4bhk) + 2 peons + furniture allowances (every 5yr) + pool car or fuel allowances (50 in remote & 70 in metro areas) + electronic gadgets (laptop, printers, etc) + other allowances as was orderd in 1njpc

Interesting part is that they're among the states where judiciary have good infrastructures. newly chambers (wooden finishing) + residence built on modern concepts.
Bro check FIT Jaipur Vlogs, you'll find such videos on his channel.
Don't discuss about him here, his channel is among the most worst utube channels. Because he use to share mostly false informations in his vlogs and also nothing showing anything for motivation purpose. He is getting subscribers only on the name of his sister & jija ji.
Hey can you share the facilities provided to judges in up immediately after joining ?
Maharashtra Judicial Services Exam? Perks? Also, I can attempt it in final year
Reading the comments here, it's remarkable and refreshing how the career preferences of Gen Z NLU students have changed, compared to Gen X and Gen Y. It was unheard of for Gen X/Y NLU students to appear for judicial service exams, even in Delhi. It was looked down upon and stereotyped as a career option for people who were rejected by law firms, or for reserved category candidates looking for a government job. And if you suggested that you were appearing for judicial services in Bihar and Jharkhand, you would be laughed at. But now, students want a work-life balance and do not want careers at CAM and SAM. Even at the very top NLUs, students from both reserved and general categories are appearing for the judicial services, even in minor states. This is excellent news and the right attitude to have. Gen Z may be hated for a lot of things, but this is one thing it deserves praise for.

The only bad thing is that bright NLU grads working in the state judicial services may be a waste of talent for the nation, as these grads may not make it to the HC and will definitely not make it to the SC. Thus, what we urgently need is an Indian Judicial Service with guaranteed promotion to the HC and a strong chance of promotion to the SC. That will then be a top career choice for NLU grads.
What? What? What? I am sorry but no. No one in their right minds will appear for ‘state judicial services’. Before this post is marked as trollish , read my points :-

1. No respect compared to actual UPSC grads. Let’s imagine a situation where you and your friend (who cracked upsc) are sitting and chatting with your peers. The person who cracked CSE is much much much more respected than a person who got through DJS. Heck even top rankers in DJS are not that celebrated as we celebrate UPSC results. Why? Because the competition at djs is way less.

2. Meagre salary- Don’t mislead youngsters by saying “this bungalow and that hike and that pay commission” - the average salary won’t even increase beyond 60k for the first 17 years. After 50 only you get housing facilities and a security guard(which lmao isn’t permanent). On the other corporate grads who become partners earn way more and form powerful connections. Want more power? Give UPSC or rather get a M7 business school degree.

3. Read the first two points and follow it to the word. They are true. Sorry for not painting a ‘rosy’ picture.

This was genuinely not trollish but a mirror for gen-z grads to not waste talent and not pay attention to folks here. You know why you are being told to join judiciary? Because your college doesn’t have good placements. Very few people join it out of passion and that too very few from tier-1. This was not trollish and never will be
That is simply not true. Last year 4 people from my NLU were within the top 10 of my state's judiciary exam, and joined it too. My NLU has an excellent placement record and all of these people were well placed in T1 law firms and policy bodies. There are still people who join a profession out of a sense of idealism and not merely because of the money or the so-called validation from other people about their career choices.
Man he & his comment 🤣 Earlier with nlu grads & now upsc. He is comparing upsc limelight with respect & saying salary not increased more than 60K.

Either he is a frustrated student or candidate.

Good point is that he himself believe that his comment deserves to be trollished

@kian plse consider his request.
The misinformation in this above comment is insane. I got placed (tier 1 + top 5 nlu) and I have left my job to prepare for DJS. I wasted 1.5 years at that stupid job. Some from my batch have already done the same, and a few even cleared the 2022-2023 DJS, including people who left their tier 1 jobs in the first 3-6 months.

As to salary, “won’t even increase beyond 60k”??? Bhai??? Before I left my job, I had face to face conversations with serving DJS officers and their starting (in-hand) salary was 95k+ (plus i.e another 20-25k which they get through reimbursement-based allowances). This is the STARTING in-hand salary.

If you don’t want to trust my personal information, fine. Look at the last notification of DJS 2022, it’s publicly available. The basic salary starts at Rs. 56,100 as per the notification. First things first, you get DA and HRA on the basic salary. As per current prevailing rates, officers get 42% DA and 27% HRA added to the basic salary. Do the numbers and we get apprx Rs 94,809 per month. This is the amount they get EXCLUDING the home orderly allowance, petrol allowance, electricity and water allowance (these are given as reimbursements, and I’m told that it comes around 25k per month).

Mind you, this is the CURRENT salary of DJS as Delhi Govt applies the 7th pay commission to DJS and DHJS. Which means that this is before the second judicial pay commission is even implemented in Delhi. Once it is implemented, the numbers are expected to increase.

I’m so tired of people misguiding law students to run behind corporate jobs. I’m not dissing at UPSC at all, but judiciary is not a bad option either especially for some of us who want a decent work-life balance and a job that actually means something in the society. I agree that the “power craze” behind UPSC is much more, but so what? Not everybody cares about that?

Stop with the misinformation, seriously, grow up.
Now DJS members are getting according to 2njpc which makes total around - Rs. 1.18L to 1.2L [Rs.77840 (basic) + 42% (DA) + 8k to 10K (other monthly allowance)]

So, ▮▮▮
What is your source for this information, as to the implementation of SNJPC in Delhi?
Supreme Court strictly directed all states/UTs to pay all arrear by july 30 & submit report. Also ask any DJS fellows Central Govt. has issued notification regarding 2njpc.
Can we connect by any chance?

Do you have a private email or something?

As someone who is really confused, clearing a few doubts would be wonderful.
did you read the topic of the thread & cautions ?? Has anyone asked your silly advice that state judiciary is good or not ??? Then why.

Go, create another thread & discuss there.
Aww. "This is my thread why are you discussing things here"

Welcome to the internet sweetie.
I don't understand that why thre is so much of hype for nlu kids appearing / clearing judicial service or upsc. It's common that every year number of nlu kids (especially from Top 5) appears for judicial service or upsc. Everyone looks for good career oppt. according to their comfort or factors, so what is the need of unnecessarily highlight this. Even foreign LLM elites are appearing not only in djs but for other states too & some have cleared it. So what ??

Second thing "bright NLU grads working in the state judicial services may be a waste of talent for the nation" ????? Most hilarious statement i've ever read.

So, you want that u'r bright nlu grades should be directly appointed to Chief Justice or Justice of state at the age between 21 to 35 w/o any legal experience. R u noob totally ??

Third one - "creation of IJS with guranteed promotion to HC" - again 🤣. Which service in the world gives you guaranteed promotions dude??? You give nothing or zero /less effort but yet claim progression. Wah Bhaiyaji Wah !!!! Only principle for promotion is "Merit-cum-Eligibilty" which every organization follows. Even in IAS or IPS, only 20-25% make for Addl. Sec. & 8-12% make for Secretary Scale based on performace, rest 80-85% are either itself or compulsory offered tata bye bye letter at level 13 to 15 cpc matrix if performance is unsatisfactory.

& mere creating IJS nothing will change as it will only merge the HJS exam of all states. But the seat in HC will remain as it is i.e., 1/3rd, rest 2/3 rd is fixed for the Bar & neither govt nor SC/HC would change or let it go easily. SC in its latest judgement cleared that they are not interested in increasing reserverd seat more than 1/3rd. So anyhow you make to District Judge rank (even through IJS) still you'll be allotted only among 1/3rd quota based on merit-cum-seniority.
What'n idea sir ji ! you should be our Law Minister dude.

Whenever you take charge must bring change in the constitution with substitution that "50% or more seats to be reserved for bright nlu grades in HCs as they are the sole assests of our legal field, nation & they should be relaxed from all other qualifications.
Is anyone here for karnataka or kerala judiciary ?? plse share some facts about it.
I have witnessed pre-mid-post era of njpc. The credit for upgrading district judiciary goes only to the Hon'ble SC because it is who bring back & maintained the standard of district judiciary otherwise govt. will not even spend Rs. 1 for judiciary & HC was not taking any interest don't know why.

𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐍𝐉𝐏𝐂 -

1. In many states like Bihar, UP, MP, etc the salary of District Judge was equal to District Magistrates with less or nearly equal perks & alliwances. Many places DMs were given newly built bungalows with all amenities whereas DJs were still using old british era made accommodations with less facilities. Other judges accommodations was like Dharamshala's. Even at many places special electricity facilities (means 24×7 hr electricity) were not extended to any Judges (include DJs) but was available to top district executives.

2. In majority of states the order of prefernce of DJs was after DMs & no value of CJMs. Also I saw on multiple occasions that DMs & ADMs used to address DJs by their name rather than sir /mam & had no fear of court rather judges used to fear.

3. Except DJs no practical SOPs was for other like some judges who don't have their own four wheelers use to visit court by walking, Rickshaw, shared Autos/taxis, bicycles (yes it's true), bike etc. The profession was like that even the peons didn't give much attentions to their respective judges.

Most of the time I used to think that why no young ones join judiciary like other pcs or upsc & every time I came across with uncle ji like faces & rarely 2-3 females (yet more than HJS grade of that time). Later I got to know that none join as an aspirants but unwillingness due to financial pressure. Also exams was not tougher that time & recuritment through source was also common in remote states. Whoever clear other pcs or upsc they immediately join there w/o giving a thought.

𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐓 all scenario started changing after 1NJPC, in which major two ruling was -

1. Removing 3yr practice criteria.

2. Upgrading district judicial officers ranking at par with IAS grades & removed comparison with other State services.

& The effect was getting seen from 2004, when the induction of young & personality minds taking momentum + adoption of new judicial rankings by states & centre shows the rise of new district judiciary.

𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐒 :-

1. Uniform pay, perks, ranks made across India like All India Service. Also order of preference now at par with counterparts IAS at any functions.

2. Sir / Ma'am terminology adopted to address any judicial officers even of same ranking or junior.

3. Judicial officers started recognizing & valuing their designations & service. Also started carrying fearless attitude. They learned from IAS /IPS grades that how to keep maintain their standards & everything even at low emoluments. Also the societies & other important wings started treating judicial officers like how IAS / IPS fellows gets.

4. The craziness for this job touching sky. Now on large scale the female community opting judiciary as dream career rather than other job. Example - among my connections, one left RBI Grade B (was female) & 3 another left T1 law firm for PCS (J) while one of my colleagues brother did his master from QMU London through scholarship and later join judiciary. From various sources learned that top NLU grades are opting PCS (J) over other on large scale.

5. New deputation posts & scope created same like IAS / IPS grades at centre and states. Like ADJs & DJs nomore compared with DMs scale and getting recognition at par with Joint Secretary - Secretary to Govt. of India & getting union posting.

6. Facilities, perks & lifestyle are highly improved. Recently I got the chance to visit one serving IAS officer's residence (not DM or Commissioner) in MP it was totally in poor states but when I visited judicial colony in same district the first impression of colony was enough to explain the standard of quarters. I was totally surprised that how much judiciary upgrade itself.

There are many more effects to write but I think its enough as 2NJPC already out & implemented (except allowances). Also the Apex Court in same case strictly directed now to use "𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲" in place of "𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲" will add more glorification.

If compare b/w pre-njpc era Vs. post-njpc era in one sentence -

"𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐉𝐎𝐁 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐀𝐒"

Hope the respective High Courts too focus like this on district judiciary.
Yes that comment deserved to be pinned.

Feature option is available in place of pin which marked by LI

@Mod. I request you to please mark that comment as featured. Thanks
It's true that njpc has gave new dimensions to the judiciary. Yet being state service it has gained a lot popularity than IAS in short span. Even IAS lobby proudly compare them with Civil Judges grade.
Atleast judiciaty get whatever needed as they are capable to force govt. even they are not happy with judiciary.

But i am thinking about other independent bodies like election commission or CAG if same service will be created how they'll force to issue fund ???
i. Fully anecdotal - and the anecdotes seem made up too.

ii. Confusing correlation with causation at many places.
Agree I also don't understand that why HCs are not taking interest for welfare of district judiciary?? Even SC noticed like Kerala HC had not taken any cognizance on implimentation of nomenclature referred by 1njpc till yet.

But when it comes for creation of IJS they put objection in lighting speed.
one of the reason may be that mostly hc judges are direct from bar & have no practical ideas about the conditions of lower judiciary which lack their interest for welfare.

Now It's high time that seats of judicial officers in HC should be raised upto 50%. high number of promotee judges may grab attentions of CJ & colleagues toward welfare of district judiciary more.
For me Raj. & Haryana is only best state in terms judicial service in India. Number of JOs are here who had cleared DJS but refused to join & continued in respective.

Will share why everyone prefer RJS or HJS over other
parliament se bill pass karwao ge bhai batne ke liye....please share about them especially RJS
Mat dena rjs. I am regretting. Bekar village life electricity b nah hoti
fir cousion ki jageh tu q regret kar rha jse khud job mai ho???? nikal gaya sara gyan
what rubbish, electricity conditions in rajasthan is good everywhere include villages, may be some places hve issues bt overall it is good. Rajasthan is my home & knows bttr. btw agar kisi jageh light ki issue ho to wo rajya hi join nhi karna.. Ye kon sa sarelu logic hai???
Jaipur se bahar niklo

Villages me abhi b 3-4 hours jaati h. Duungarpur, banswara..Inverter there but you cant run ac on it.
Ha jati b h to kya hogaya ye bijli ke logic pr waha join nhi krna ye kon sa logic hai??

Or wse v ye post judicial service ke regarding baat krne ke liye hai na ki kaha bijli hai ya nhi. Go & talk to electrcity dept for that.
Standard of living in a state is not to be considered while deciding which state is to be preferred? Okayy then.
Recently went to BJS Academy, got impressed by there state art infrastructures. The facilities at BJS was outstanding. I was allowed to 4 days stay & during that I came across with the beauty & life there, which I totally miss at my place. The feeling was like you're again leaving the college life with new faces & having standard secured job. At many moments I don't want to go back 😞

I don't know about other states Judicial Academy's but if anyone knows or have similar experiences do share.

P.S.: I am a female & A1 at known T2 firm. It was my sister from 30th BJS batch with whom I went (ex-A1, T1 firm)
Thanks for sharing about BJA. Come to Rajasthan Judicial Academy, the hospitalities here will make you feel like that you're at some royal place. I joined as an intern there & got the chance to enjoy few hospitalities. You can see few videos on RJA portal too.

Wating for RJS vacancy
Does GOA have separate judicial exam or maharashtra judicial service recruites for both?? If anyone knows pls answer.

Goa ka alag hua too maje hi maje hai fir too
Dude Goa is a state so definitely it have separate services either for judiciary or executive. Mere having common HC does not mean that common recuritment for example P&H state. But seats in goa judicial exams always very limited & quite hard to clear as mostly preference given to insiders than neighbouring states than far states candidates.
Got it. Can you share about goa civil judge life style exams in detail
Academy is newly built. But court infrastructure in dire straits
old dire courts are now being replacing by newly constructed on modern pattern
kaha dekhe? hardly 10% . I have been living in rajasthan from 30 years, been to almost all the districts. Situation is same of courts. Also, residence are also some 30-40 years old. If anyone want to give, give Gujarat Judiciary. Infra has improved leaps and bound.
Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Alwar, Udaipur, Sri Ganganagar & many more conditions of residence & courts are good. Go there & inspect condition in detail, na ki sadak par khada ho kar bahar se dekh kar apna judgement de dena.
Ajmer Jodhpur Jaipur exected to have good infrastructure..Kabhi 2nd ier city me gaye ho ki idhar hi bas bakna h?
I have seen Ganganagar..If that you liked then god save your taste
@Mod Why you tagged above comment "contested".No slang or defamatory statement in it. remove false tag
Knows the field facilities of judges but could anyone also share the facilities of judges on deputation like Registrar Generals, SG of Supreme Court & other deputies.
For Delhi: the RG of DHC and SG of SC get decent accomodations at prime locations (within Lutyen's Delhi - think behind HC/in front of SC/near India Gate types). Not the same size as the HC/SC judges, of course. Plus they get the car - Ciaz for DHC RG & Civic for SC SG.
SG of Supreme Court given rank of Secretary to GoI so he entitled all facilities what is available for Secretary to GoI. Like Type 7 lutyn bungalow + Car + Staff & Assistance, many more perks.
What are you smoking? The registrar general of DHC and SC are not alloted bungalows in Lutyens. Even one-time MPs of RS and LS are alloted flats and you expect district judge level equivalent registrar of SC and HC to be alloted bungalows in Lutyens. Quora aur coaching centres ne hype karake rajha hai poora Judiciary ko
Whatever smoking but better than yours. SG is given secretary to GoI rank & while RG is given Pr. Secretary rank of state so both are allotted banglows in lutyens zone from SC & DHC accomodation pool. Even DJ of Patiala Court allotted 2 story type 6 flat accomodation in lutyne zone. Go & make query from your non quora sources. & hype krne ki chij hai too hype kiya jaye ga
The SC SG most definitely had a bunglow just near the SC - quite near Sisodia's bunglow in fact. The former SG's outburst at a cop was also reported in the media. Go Google.

Plus, DJ rank officers do in fact get bunglows. There's literally a government accommodation called "Sessions House" in civil lines.

As for your snide quore/coaching remark, if that makes you feel better, sure buddy. I'm content knowing that what I have shared is based on personal knowledge, and am also confident that your counter is based merely on the surmise that since MPs don't get bunglows, DJs won't either. How about getting some actual on-the-ground knowledge once you graduate & interact with the judiciary?
so what yet civil line hold same status as lutynes as important head of Delhi have official accomodation there like of Lt. Gov., CM, cabinet ministers, hc judges, judicial officers, bureaucrats & many central govt. officers & ministers.
There is no HC judge in Civil Lines; except for the ones who got promoted, say, a month ago and haven't been allotted a suitable accommodation yet (and thus continue with their pre-elevation accommodation). All of this is really immaterial to the point though, I agree.
may be not now but earlier it was. one of my classmate's father was posted as orderly there & two of my interns colleagues uncle was hc judge who had residence there. & btw as far i know, promotee hc judges cannot retain pre-elevation acc. (especially if it is of PDJ bungalow) as it are earmarked for lower judiciary officers, even his new acc. is not available. Once promoted & no official acc. available earmarked for hc judges then they either have to shift to hc judges guest house for temporary or any other pvt. place & claim HRA.
i had visited sessions house nearly two times. It is highly maintained & decent according to delhi standard but poor if compare with other state's sessions judge bungalows.

don't know about other courts sessions judges house at delhi.
SG's bungalow named with "AB- 11 or 14" is just behind SC of India & near to patiala house court + Depty CM bungalow
All fail infront of Mumbai accomodations, here many senior judicial officers posted in high court & civil courts have official flat quarters at prime & dream locations like at Marine Drive, Malabar hill, Juhu, etc.
& yes why others smoking is better than yours as anyone would know through minor research that in Delhi accomodation allotted from respective departments acc. quota & dffrn b/w term equivalence v. parent deputation. Bring atleast sasta wla malana cream you'll get some sense
What is SC SG btw? Have heard of DHC RG, never knew about SCSG. Is it solicitor general?
"Secretary General" of Supreme Court of India - "महा सचिव" उच्चतम न्यायालय भारत. For detail read out pdf at SC portal
That is why I use to say if want to enjoy luxury of govt service join any state except Delhi. Here in UP, RG have huge & standard bungalow (even than most of HC Judges) + good facilities can say either at par or less than DJ Praygraj. While other Registrars also provided good facilities & bungalows (if available) which are far better than in Delhi.
Bungalow No. AB-13 at Mathura Road is allotted to Secretary General of SC.
Facilities on deputation is always poor than field, no matter which service you are from. Only merit of deputation is that one get posted in state headquarter.
The deputation scenario for judicial officers is pretty poor, only 1-2 posts available at the central govt and much less perks than they previously used to get in states
most needed thread, I was looking for kind of post past few days where we all can discuss everything about & related to state judicial service. But among 165 comments mostly (irrelevant) discussion is on DJS, plse do also share about other states which left like Haryana, Punjab, Jharkhand, Goa, Karnataka, Assam, etc.
A 12-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
ye ek alag hi satrangi guest har thread mai jaa kar unnecessary writing skill pr criticize hi krta rhta hai, kise krta hai pata ni pr krta jarur hai.
A 30-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
atleast he can be self employed advocate but not PEON like you after spending huge amount of their parents. Have no manner of addressing.
A 28-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 90-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A thread is already on upsc v judiciary, Go & discuss or compare there with judiciary but don't spam this thread
Look who is judging the caliber of an aspirants who still doesn't know that dffrnc b/w CAT v. UPSC exam and comparing them with djs. Also he is saying folks unable to fund for M7 degree or caliber for upsc go for djs, ab or kya hi kaha jaye isse 🤣
A 27-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 34-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 27-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.