Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
I come from a family where everyone my age (23 or above) is at least making a lakh a month.

I have no option other than making money considering the culture in my family, they will crucify me.

I have a fair bit of idea of how firms work. The culture seems terrible. Also, the pay at entry level is good, but not enough to justify the ungodly hours needed to be put in. I know some people who have spent more and more years at firms will consider this to be Gen Z bullshit. But, I just want to know if this is all I have to look forward to. So that I can keep my head down, put in my years and leave a law firm ASAP. Now that foreign firms have entered the market, will pay get better? will the hours get more relaxed? I've heard mixed things. Some say that Indian firms will size down and some say they will pay more to attract and retain talent.

In terms of hours, since the legal industry is only going to get bigger, will work life balance ever get better? If more people are hired, less burden on each individual. I know none of this is likely, since most firms will just size down and there will be hiring freezes. Just looking for some insight. Already regretting my decision to take law. I'm through with college so please respond considering that I have to make real life decisions based on the info I get, immediately.
Hey, you can make in lakhs even if you are not in (life-taking-crap) Law firms! There are sundry of things you can do!
If you want money, then bear with it.

Otherwise get more intelligent and pursue STEM.
What sort of irresponsible and self obsesive response. Only indifference and privilege reeks from your comments
It's not going to improve till foreign law firms come and SILF with its puppets is work g extra hard to obstruct foreign firms.While the entire list of young lawyers is napping.

The new stroke to obstruct foreign law firms

, a Delhi lawyer representation to BCI against foreign firms entry