Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I just finished my 3rd year final exams and my grades have been pretty below average from Christ. At present my GPA is 2.9/4 . I hope to make it into the tier 1-2 firm when i graduate by landing a placement hopefully. Trying to figure out if its possible to reach my targets considering that i will be entering my 4th year where a lot of assessment internships happen with the T1-2 firms, most of whom require exceptional scores for the internship selection. Any info?? Thanks.
See, at a traditional non-NLU college like Christ, even Day Zero 'placements' in a T2 law firm are a rarity. Extremely rarely will you find a Christ student with a T1 firm's PPO, and even then, they would have required a lot more contacts and recommendations than just 'grades'.

As such, given that you're not in a T1 law school where getting good grades implies getting a T1/T2 job offer on Day Zero by default, I think you should honestly stop worrying too much about your grades and instead focus on finding valuable internships. Then, target recommendations from them to get to better firms, and so on and so forth.

Since the name of your university is not deemed prestigious in the eyes of T1/T2 law firms, even if you had scored great grades, there's a good possibility that they might not have seen your academic record in a great light anyway.

I say this not to be harsh, but to gently let you know that you haven't yet lost out on much, and you can still make the best out of the cards you were dealt with. Kudos.
Please double check your claims. Tier 1 firms have already stated to CHRIST ( the main campus at Bangalore). We have placements that beat most lower tier NLUs. Trilegal also mentions CHRIST as of the non-nlus in it's collaboration page with Indian Law Schools.

Yes you can get hired by a T1 even with 2.9/4. Just intern more with T1/T2 ones, fine tune your CV . Work on more moots, quality publications. I have seen sub-par folks surprisingly hired by T1 firms like SAM, Trilegal on the campus recruitment drive at CHRIST last year.

Some of those offers will probably be taken back now given the inflation. If it happened to JGLS, it can happen to CHRIST.

So don't get your hopes down. You still have 2 years to get your GPA up. Thing about CHRIST is there's a lot of competition given the huge batch size. So work hard and you got this!
A 2.9? I’ve never even heard of a Goa that bad. I mean I guess if you have contacts now is the time to use them to get an assessment internship. But in their absence I don’t see tier 1 tier 2 firms wanting to give you an offer. You might have to work elsewhere for a few years before you move laterally.