Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I gave CLAT previous year in Dec (2022), but due to unpredictable nature of exam i didn't scored well, then i gave MHCET on April 20 and hoping so that I'll get a good college!

So, basically my query is, in spite of not getting a National Law University, can I do well In Judicial Services, with the help of coaching institutes??
Not really. Nowadays nlu grads have occupied the judiciary territory. My advice is stay at GLC/ILS (if that goes well) and retake clat this December. Else stay at GLC and try preparing hard
In fact, traditional colleges will be a better option if the judiciary is your target. You will find peers who would be preparing for the exam. Most of the curriculum in traditional colleges is based on rote learning and memorization which is required for the judiciary. The amount of memorization required is much lesser in NLUs, at least, the top ones.
Sirf rote learning nahi hoti judiciary main. Delhi Judicial Services ka Mains is an open-book exam. It’s an application based exam 90%. So if a student goes to a college jahan sirf β€œwrite a short note on…” type questions ka exposure hai, then they’ll have to work quite hard to switch to application based-open book exams for judiciary.
Yes, my friend you can!

The matter of fact is that thing doesn't depends on college but solely on individual!

You know, some of my friends who ace DJS and when I asked the same query - they said that, colleges have nothing to do with ur preparation but how much you are dedicated, that's what the matter most!

So you can, believe in yourself and best of luck 🀞!
There is a trend in the past few years of NLU grads moving to judiciary as well. But even then, students from other colleges and non-NLUs are also clearing judiciary exams. In fact, this is the one place, where there is a level playing field among all students and so your CV and your college name does not matter. If you work hard enough, you can clear the exam irrespective of which college you come from. If a NLU grad does not work hard, even they won't clear the exam. It is as simple as that.