Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Let's collate anonymous (or not is your wish) of your horrible stories of encounters in law school, law firms, chambers, courts, in house team, UN etc.

This could be a learning note for the others who will inevitably come into your shoes and face similar circumstances. If not avoid, they may at least have an expectation of the thing happening. Most of these things are stagnant in our industry and continue for long until flagged by the mainstream media in horrific incident, as mild misconduct was not discourage and acquired boldness and intensity to commit larger acts.

Note

- As per the moderation policy, you must not name individuals unless you are praising them, but mild criticism must be allowed in public interest (To the Mod, LI)

- This can contain past incidents, SH incidents, something wrong you did you wanna confess etc.

- It is requested that no-one judge, make generalised comments, or contest the veracity unless the story is absolutely abhorrently false, regarding you, by making direct references to you. The first course of action is flagging it by clicking the 'report' button, if the mod hasn't already censored those.

- Your coming out here about something, does not entitle anyone to use it in any other forum unless with your permission.

-No trolls please, serious discussion
Came across an SA on Bumble and he offered me an internship at his T1 firm in exchange for a ▮▮▮.

Said possibility of a PPO arises if things go forward from the ▮▮▮.
Saying and delivering are different things. It's easy to say, unlikely he could actually pull it off.
why is this contested mod? Are you a judge in a court of law who looks for a prima facie case with evidence? This is precisely a place for others to come out with their stories without having to do so.

Not trustworthy you say?

And this story is very much relatable only a senior come outside my class and agreed to give me his notes and internship contacts if I became his "girlfriend for show and fests (guess the NLU)". Ofcourse I rejected, but it didnt stop, he offered such things at the dinner table and waited outside my class lots of times telling me about my classmates who are achieving the same because of such relationships. I had to create a scene in front of everyone and complained as well.
A particular senior advocate who otherwise hired bright NLS grads had once hired many lawyers from ordinary law schools. These lawyers were used in office admin work. That situation quickly snowballed into a SHITSHOW.

There's a lesson here - if you aren't practicing law with a law degree in a law office, you are fooling no one but yourself. There are other top seniors who hire such lawyers - perhaps out of compulsion? Let's talk about this.
why is this contested? I have worked with multiple seniors who hire lawyers from local colleges for clerical work like finding a book on a shelf, arranging, getting tea and noting down client rants.