Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
How do I start writing for blogs and journals? Can you guys please walk me through the whole process? Like, how you do you choose a topic? what are the things you consider while writing and which are the blogs and journals you target?

Thanks a ton!!
I started by publishing my projects. Work on your projects, and make a good one. Make a few more edits during the break, if necessary, and send them to blogs. Don't try to publish journal articles in the beginning. Start off with blogs
Itโ€™s 2023 so hereโ€™s the reality - download Microsoft Edge, go to the top right corner with 3 lines or the โ€œBโ€ symbol in blue which is the Bing Co-pilot. This will give you the option to compose. Enter the prompt for the article you want to write. Set the length as โ€œlongโ€ and tone as โ€œformalโ€. Press enter. The trick is to enter a good prompt with a contemporary and intriguing topic. AI will do the rest and give you a decent 2000 word piece. Target blogs from tier-2 and tier-3 NLUs, the acceptance is comparatively easy.

There is one more unethical way to get publications - become a member at the board of editors for a blog/journal at your law school. Once you get a an article for review, keep track of the ones which are rejected. Refurbish and update these articles using Bing/ChatGPT and get them published at other blogs. Some people might have a problem with this but I donโ€™t see any wrong, itโ€™s not like you are stealing their idea, the information is already out there on the internet. Iโ€™ve personally done this and didnโ€™t face any issues.
It goes without saying, we would definitely not recommend doing this as there are risks, it's possible to tell, and unethical and dishonest, but it's an interesting point: are blog submissions are no doubt getting flooded by GPT generated content?
For Blogs -

Read up on one or two areas of law and try to understand that space and master it. Start writing articles on recent developments and how do you think that will effect the legal and business position. Only submit to blogs that publish quality articles and not regurgitations from other blogs.

You will probably get rejected a lot at the start but if you continue your reading youโ€™ll start seeing the gaps in the law and its implications. Youโ€™ll also get better at structuring your articles. Best of luck.