Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Can someone share the placement data of NLS for the batch graduating in 2023? Also, what impact would the introduction of LLB batch have on placements in other institutions? How likely is it for someone at NLS to secure day 0 of they are not in the top 30% of their batch?
Everyone who wanted a job got one after Day Zero and Day One. The LLB batch isn't gonna be a concern really. Law firms hardly give internships to 2nd-year students and they won't be able to compete with 4th-year students during day zero. I guess that not even 10 students will be placed in that batch. The real competition will come from your own batch (5-year. However, if u r in the top half u will get placed LLB). Not everyone will get placed from a batch of 240 students
No it won’t - we will get more job offers , y’all will face trouble
Hardly anyone from your batch has got internships through the RCC for June whereas more than 50 students have already accepted internships for the batch of 2025 (B.A.LLB). Try and match their CV at the end of next academic year, Good Luck!
What I have heard is - the top rankers don’t event sit for placements , they go for a foreign llm straight or bag a ppo to crack gmat or upsc later on after gaining work ex. As for people not being 30% of the batch - they are well placed with a lot of tier-1 and tier-2 offers on day zero. You just have to be confident.
LLB batches in NLSIU will have the same status LLM Batches have. They won't have the same opportunities the 5 Year degree program students have. Therefore it won't have any effect.

But at the same time, increase in Batch size in 5 year program and massive hike in reservations (from 20% in the past to 60%) will defenitely have an effect - it will decrease the quality of placements. It will not hurt NLS - it will give chances for more law schools, because firms will try for the best of the batches in more law schools than going for the worst in NLS with massive batch size.
It will hurt NLS, it's pedigree, it's reputation, it's standard. But then, nothing good lasts for very long. It was a good run with you, dear NLS. Clinks glass. It's now time to drive into the sunset, and accept reality. Ryan Gosling-style.

To be clear - strictly speaking, the cream of the crop has increased in size at NLS. We've gone from 60 or 80 students net to nearly 100 All India General Gender Neutral Non-PWD seats (it's a sad day when you need so many adjectives to describe the only right way to get a seat). The cream has shrunk in proportion to the pot, but there is more cream than before, to be sure. Hopefully this cream will become the big cheeze and uphold the weight of the NLS tag on its shoulders. Atlas-style.
Awww. So eloquent. Is that what you tell yourself to sleep at night? Messiah took down 3 decades of institution building in just one short stint. That's a fact.
You are clearly wiser than I, but pray tell, Messiah must have thought of something? Surely he did not work with singular focus for destroying his own alma mater? Or is that what you are implying, that there were no good intentions?
I don’t think Messiah really cares about his alma mater. I doubt he wants to destroy it but given a choice between his idea of a perfect law school and his legacy versus the possible experience of law aspirants, he’ll choose the former any day. Why rush the expansion plan over just 4 years? That’s because his term ends in 2024 and it’s not guaranteed he’ll get another one.
One thing everyone knows about Messiah. He rarely thinks about the consequences of his actions in advance.
Only right way? Lol! Ever checked how many of those are droppers and/or have spent lakhs on CLAT coaching that many others couldn't afford? All that matters is what they do inside law school, not before.
The usage of one's personal resources - time, money, and so on - to achieve one's goals or to assist in the achivement of the goals of one's offspring is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. One does what one wants to, within limits of what one can. And what people can do, i.e., their capacity (financial, or otherwise) are not possible to equalise whilst simultaneously respecting freedom and efficiency.

Secondly, It is immaterial by what strategy one secures the AIR (coaching, luck, meditation), as long as he actually secures it (in reservation one does not, one is instead provided concessionary seats) on the same test, exam time, centre, etc as everyone else.

Lastly, it is quite backwards and asinine to bring up post-selection performance when the grounds of selection are being called into question. Practical realities demand that a vast majority be eliminated and only a few let in. How, then, has performance 'inside' got any relevance with the buisness of entering inside? Are you merely fond of birthing disingenuous, paradoxical impasses?
Not personal resources, inherited family resources. Use it all you want, just don't call it an indicator of your greater merit.
I admire droppers because they really work and slog hard

However I don’t like seeing anyone spending lakhs of coaching on clat
Kindly don’t compare reserved students with droppers. Spending lakhs of coaching is not justified but equating droppers with the same reserved candidates is like defeating the very own argument of yours.
Oh, so archaic idea of keeping the batch size smaller, so that only the rich or only the few gain benefit of a system. People like you never understand the value of education and the strength it holds in expanding it to vast masses. Just if a few 100 students that too deserving are increased to the batch size, you won't be happy to know but that will augment a stronger and a broad pedigree with legal learning rather than a few snobbery rich people.
I think the difference between LLB and BA LLB is that 3yr LLB have a much tighter schedule compared to 5yr BALLB. Its Knowledge vs Speed. If corporates want someone who can exhibit learning at a faster pace then they might go for LLB guys. But this is assuming there are limited opportunities which I don't think is the case.