Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
I have been posting here for the past 1 year , for few months now I feel that some folks become unnecessarily sensitive even when some simple jokes or opposing views are presented - lemme give three examples

1. Backlash after championing NUJS :- Whenever , even a single appreciation post of NUJS is launched in this forum , people start bringing their colleges in and start thrashing NUJS , esepcially their campus - I mean really? Recently someone brought a pre-historic Rhodes thread up JUST to criticize NUJS. Are we witnessing any anti-nujs sentiment here folks?

2. Jokes taken TOO seriously :- LI folks became infuriated when someone cracked a very lighthearted joke calling someone "uncle" because of drop years. I mean it was JUST A Joke. No one calls anyone uncle and y'all know it. Rather the droppers are motivated (which they should be) and get appreciated because of their efforts. The last thing I saw was that people started roasting the troll badly after just a silly joke. CHILL. Wo bhi insaan hein yaar. Even a separate thread was posted seeking 'validation' for their drop. I mean come on , you are smart , take a drop if u wanna or continue. Are GEN-Zs this sensitive because of a random faceless troll who was just kidding??

3. Spewing hate :- I mean this has been common in any forum. Cornering LI for this will be stupid. But oh boy - things don't remain playful anymore. Every now and then GNLU is targeted (even by their own students) for some stupid internal issues , the NLU-D VS NUJS gets heated up. I MEAN THIS ONE TIME A PERSON ASKED FOR ADVICE TO CHANGE STREAM AND OUT OF NOWEHERE THE NUJS VS NLU-D debate started , I mean fr?

THERE ARE MORE ASPECTS , BUT WELL I FEEL THAT THESE FACTORS SUM UP WHY I AM SO DISPLEASED WITH THE ATTITUDES.

NOT BLAMING THE MOD , rather appreciating his/her efforts to keep this forum stable. But oh boy people take everything to heart these days here and start glorifying their NLU whenever they want. I hope this bypasses moderation as these are some important factors to notice - thank you
You're not wrong but LI has inexplicably always hosted law school wars of words. Why? No one knows... :)
Actually, LI knows very well why. You started encouraging it by allowing people to mudsling anonymously. Not even a single person who badmouth others here anonymously has the guts to do so openly using their real names.
The war with NUJS is something which became prevalent from 2020-21 onwards...the growing political interference by the Bengal government in its Universities makes nujs an easy target for right wingers.

I can't really think of any other reason why nujs threads this heated, small campus and so called existence of mediocre teachers is used as excuses to question the legitimacy of the place.

At the end of the day it's mostly done by first year kids who have too much time in their hands and love playing ego wars.
Are you from NUJS, pal? Buddy, this site is dead. It's been in a coma for a long time now and it's been a slow and painfully protracted death, in large part due to the inactivity of the Moderator who reviews comments once a day or so. The discussions themselves are so stupid and random that people get into meaningless fights. I doubt that anyone is sensitive about it. And who cares about law or NLUs at this point? The excitement surrounding CLAT and law died atleast a few years ago. Now, it's time for people to live their lives and inevitably die.
One can't rise in this profession, without cutting down others. This is a red ocean and not blue one.
Sorry but what? I don’t agree with the second point at all. A person who works hard and keeps on giving clat (very much in a normal age range) to get a better nlu is not someone to be made fun of (especially in all probability when the Op himself got ridiculously jealous) , I get it that the troll was not serious , but that doesn’t mean one becomes frustrated and starts trolling when it doesn’t even make sense in the first place. And I think you didn’t read the whole thread properly. The OP was well within the age limit and the troll still went ahead by bringing random figures to troll. Apparently 17+2.5 = 23. Doesn’t even make sense. He got the taste of his own medicine when LI collectively stood against him. Check the downvotes and comments if you wanna. There was a reason the backlash was so severe. And I feel you are the troll yourself that you need to justify their hate spewing comments.

As for the first point I completely agree. Being from Nujs myself , I am tired of people trolling the college unnecessarily. It still gives amazing placements if one thinks about it.
I am sorry but no.The drop year joke was false. Almost half of the people in top 3 are droppers and are still well within the β€˜college-going’ age. You will start calling them uncle?