Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
Dear Members of the Legal Community,

As users of LegallyIndia, we recognize that the legal profession is evolving at a rapid pace. Technology is at the forefront of this change, with AI-powered tools becoming increasingly prevalent in our daily professional lives. One such significant development is the advent of ChatGPT, an advanced language model developed by OpenAI.

As we grapple with the potential implications and uses of this technology, we are keen to understand the perspectives of those at the coalface of this transition - you, our valued community of lawyers and law students.

If you're a practicing lawyer, we're eager to learn:

1. 1. What are your thoughts about ChatGPT?
2. 2. How are you currently utilizing this tool, if at all?
3. 3. Has it impacted your work processes or client relationships?
4. 4. How is your firm adapting to the incorporation of AI-powered tools like ChatGPT?
5. 5. Have any firms in India encouraged or discouraged the use of AI-powered tools like ChatGPT?

For our law student community, we are interested in your experience as well:

1. 1. Is ChatGPT a part of your educational journey?
2. 2. Are your institutions teaching or encouraging the use of AI tools?
3. 3. Do you perceive this technology as a significant part of your future legal career?

This post is an attempt to stimulate a robust and wide-ranging discussion about the intersection of artificial intelligence and the legal profession. We believe that by sharing experiences and insights, we can better understand the ongoing transformation around us and together navigate the future of law more confidently.

Whether you're a seasoned attorney, a new entrant to the legal profession, or a student, we welcome your thoughts. The collective wisdom of this community is invaluable, and your experiences can help shape the narrative around the integration of AI into the legal sector.

Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below

Brilliant tool. Very useful for

- research to some extent

- providing an initial draft of any things I want to prepare (contract, power of attorney, bail application) which I later edit.

- converting class notes to full sentences

- copy paste Indian kanoon text to it and it summarises well

4. 4. How is your firm adapting to the incorporation of AI-powered tools like ChatGPT?

5. 5. Have any firms in India encouraged or discouraged the use of AI-powered tools like ChatGPT?

Brilliant tool. Very useful

- converting Indian kanoon text to case briefs

- research to a great extent

- preparing initial draft which I edit later, gives a push to my procrastinating self

- converting class notes to full report

- framing research questions, writing the most boring and tedious parts of research like methodology and acknowledgement, declaration etc.

- provides good logical order, flow, coherence to any text I've written

- produces citations that look like citations but such papers or websites may not really exist lol , fine with me

Things happen much faster. Not so legal maybe. Not so much.

N/A

N/A

1. 1. Is ChatGPT a part of your educational journey?

Not so much.

2. 2. Are your institutions teaching or encouraging the use of AI tools?

They have AI plagiarism detection tool. 💀

3. 3. Do you perceive this technology as a significant part of your future legal career?

Yes. Totally!