Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
Yes. Being in the good books is important.

Getting good grades in the first year, will most definitely determine your value in future years.
Not possible at the Harvard of the East cuz the end-term sheets are anonymous which is around 50-60% of the total marks + Internals are not conducted in a private setting and if there is any kind of favoritism then other students can complain. Seducing the prof (Isn't possible but still) can at best, fetch you 1-2 marks overall.
1-2 marks - died laughing. Student must be thinking - 2 number k liye de kar aayi/aaya hu? Yani 50 baar deni padegi?
If anyone seduces a professor for marks in reality, then there are plenty of ways to get around those safeguards. You can just pre agree to write a few words within the script that would enable the teacher to recognise it as your paper.
Students think that teachers have favorites and give them better marks. What is actually happening more often than not is that the student who is doing really well , who turns up to class every day on time, reads ahead, turns in work thats excellent becomes the favorite because theyre making the teachers job easier. and because teachers were all mostly good students and they see themselves in other good students.
HONEST POV

I have been in both the boats (different times).

I was a failure kid in school, used to fail terribly in math. But after getting into NLU for my LLM, I had to work really hard to get good grades. Since my rank was not that great we were given roll numbers in our PG on the basis of our CLAT PG rank ( I lied in the mid 20s) but from day one, I respected the teachers, maintained their regard, whereas many students in the class would mess with the teachers or would start up frivolous debates on controversial topics, I on the other hand and few other students spoke on the legal grounds without disrespecting or demeaning others, this created a positive impact in creating the mindset of the teachers that I am a good student. Apart from being in good books also had to maintain it on paper, so I worked really hard for the exams and got a rank in the top 3 from my batch in our sem-end exams.
So yea,
It matters a lot, but it is purely subjective and varies from the demands of the career path you want to choose, like I want to get into academia so this trajectory was important to me while in law school, as it helps in recognition.
If you just attend the classes regularly, get your doubts voiced and clarified in class, be kind to others and submit your assignments in time and turn up for scheduled viva etc., that's enough to get into any teacher's good books, really. The bar is set really low because 90% of the students nowadays fail to do even such basic things.
90% of the students fail because greater than 60% are here on reservation not merit (often multiple reservations!) and those that are not are easily corrupted by their ill influence.
what nonsense. JGLS has the worst student behaviour one has seen- and theres no reservations. Entitlement causes bad behaviour not reservations.
This is exactly why top NLUs and other colleges have systems in place to mask the students identities during examinations lol. I know several toppers who were reprimanded by teachers many times for not focusing in class (NALSAR)
A 7-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.