Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
The same as above. What will be it's scope after 3 years? Will the recruitments increase or will they go down? Currently what is the status?

Sincere thanks in advance!
Go to the CCI website. Find out the number of 1. merger filings happening every year, 2. Investigation orders passed every year, 3. S. 27 orders passed every year.

You will realise that there isn't ample work in the practice area. No. Of competition lawyers in T1s alone exceeds the requirement. The market has reached a saturation point with intense competition at every level.

Work might increase, only slightly though, when digital competition act comes into play.

Ofcoursethere will always be a requirement for young associates who could do the grunt work, but that requirement will be de minimis.
Thanks for the answer. It helps, really. However, could you (or anyone) guide me on how I can fight this trend? How can I ensure that I get recruited in Competition teams even if the market is not so accepting at this moment? There must be some way, right?

Thanks in advance!
Ugh what’s the obsession with this practice area? Better to stick to never dying practice areas like M&A, B&F
The problem with competition law is that teams at law firms are either incompetent or toxic (in some cases, both!!). So be careful what you wish for or want.