Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
The rounds were held online, with barely 2 OC members from MCIA and everything happened in a very hush hush manner. They refused to release the scoresheets too, and there was no opening/closing ceremony; only a link that was emailed to the participants. Once they joined they were put in rooms, with some rooms only having 2 arbitrators instead of the MANDATORY 3 for Frankfurt. Who filled in the scoresheet of the third arbitrator? Did anyone even fill it? We do not know.
There was zero communication between the OC and the Arbitrators, and there was no point of contact. After 2 rounds, they were asked to leave the meeting; and were then sent the results after a day's time when it should've taken an hour at best to tally scores?
No hate towards Lloyd or Nirma but or this edition in particular, the team from 'Lloyd Law College' has qualified for the third time in a row, when people who were against the team can attest to the fact that the team was quite ▮▮▮ at best. I witnessed the rounds for the NLS and NLUD teams and I can safely say that the teams were better prepared and had better poise for an international competition overall.
This aside, the fact that all this happened in a very hush hush manner without any transparency really makes one question the credibility of the Moot, and the quality of teams that represent India at Frankfurt.
The NALSAR team was ▮▮▮ at best, including a first year I think. Highly unfortunate
Exactly, Lloyd college were also against us in ICC moot and very surprisingly they qualified even though they were ▮▮▮. ▮▮▮
As someone who saw the Nirma team prepare literally every day in the college library with Gary Born and not even sleep on some days, please get a reality check OP. I might not be on good terms with the team members or best friends with them but they are incredibly hardworking.

Nirma has been doing consistently well in the arbitration moots due to the seniors helping out the juniors. It is so peculiar how the NLU peeps downgrade Nirma lmao. Get a reality check OP. As for the lapses in the administration, the same happened in various moots this year.
Gary Born is for commercial arbitration and FIAC is on investment arbitration 🤦‍♀️
Just to clear out some facts, Lloyd qualified for the second time in a row. Instead of running after NLU tags can't we just agree on the fact that there are other colleges who can perform good as well. If any NLU would have qualified consecutively then nobody would have raised their eyebrows because apparently in this country people are more concerned about tags than hardwork and skills.

People who were against Lloyd are in no position to attest when they couldn't fix their internet connection throughout the rounds and were pleading from their bed! Rest assure, instead of accusing credible teams of their performance and well established Moot court competitions, we must focus on not being a sore loser and appreciating teams who come from a less privileged background still perform well.
Sorry brother we had no idea that only Tier -1 NLU could do an international moot and flair. I hope you understand that your reality is not the only subjected reality that exist. I feel the fact that your reality got distorted by two private institutions is a testament that your claim to fame of a tag has started to distort a bit. NO HATE TO ANY NLU but I believe nobody who has not graduated out of college/ judged one competition (qualifying rounds) themselves has any right to dictate as to how a competition is to be judged without claims and proper evidence except of here say words. Tbh, is you concern really an "opening" or "closing' ceremony?
A 31-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.