Read 30 comments as:
Filter By
I have seen this trend growing and growing. For instance one of my friends cracked top 3 after a year at JGLS (few years back). Usually when one jumps from one nlu to another - people especially his/her batchmates praise the efforts and the rank. But at JGLS no one was happy with the success.
insecurity. They've been told it's the best university in the country. They come here and find out it just isn't so. That the degree they get isn't worth the paper it's printed on. That it turns out you cannot buy an education after all you have to work on it. that most courses have disinterested faculty who have written off the student body and that the admin will only pressure them to give you good grades to maintain a phony gpa. And at the end of 5 years- most jgls students don't get jobs. If the only person who will hire you is your father- that does have to mean you didn't accomplish much in college.

Contrast that with the top 5 nu kids- they might not have money, they might not even have fancy foreign faculty- but they still manage to know (relatively) more about the law because they study on their own, they teach it to each other, write research papers when they can- all of it. firms trip over themselves giving most of these kids jobs. how dare these kids who are not wealthy get offers from foreign firms? scholarships to study at Oxbridge/Harvard yale Stanford Princeton? these kids have been told their entire lives they can buy anything they want. turns out some things you cant buy.
I mean does someone have the courage to tell them it’s the best after top 3?
They don't. They don't care about NLU peasants. It's a myth NLUites havs. An average Jindal student can hire an NLU Student as a cook/cleaner. They are not envious of thier subordinates.
Your statement reeks of ignorance. People like you get dominated by bottom rankers of top 7 nlus
Tell me you are from a T-3 NLU without telling me that you are from a T-3 NLU
The average NLU student doesn’t need to work as a cook/ cleaner. They can actually get hired to be lawyers. Imagine that.
Hahaha.......perfect response, not too far from the truth, actually!
I am a Jindalite and I do not hate it, 1 less know it all out of the class, feels like a burden lifted...
JGLS students think about Oxford, Cambridge or at least King's College London or about Harvard, Columbia and Cornell.

All NLUs except Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi are mediocre compared to Jindal. No reason for a JGLS student envy NLUs.

A JGLS student taking CLAT again and losing a year to join an NLU is a rare exception. Usually tried by a student who finds Jindal not affordable.

Actually many NLU students join JGLS after spending 1 year in a particular low rung NLU.
Shifted from Jindal to a T1 NLU 5 years ago (was on so many "merit" scholarships in Jindal that I actually ended up paying more at my NLU), cannot tell you how good that decision has been for my life. For every opportunity in Jindal, you have to fight against 1500 law students. For every law elective (even when you haven't reached your law credit requirement), you have to fight with students from other Jindal schools. For every big name teacher that is hired, you have to fight to be one of the 20-30 students taught by that teacher while you get some mediocre person just graduated from a foreign llm. Half my batchmates were doing hard drugs and chilling because they can join baap ka firm. I also have connections and could get placed that way, but I didn't think I was utilising my time at a university the right way and wouldn't feel like I earned my job. It boasts about having the lowest teacher-student ratio, but so many people they hire are just to research and pump out publications rather than actually teach. The class size is exactly the same, if not worse, than any NLU.

Being at an NLU, I was surrounded by people who wanted to learn. Even if people were not particularly interested in the law, most of them knew how to work hard. This environment pushed me to do things I would have otherwise never done (I did none of these at Jindal for the sheer inconvenience of it). I have multiple moot wins, publications in SCImago indexed journals etc. because of the culture at NLUs. Even if the teachers are not the best, the students are. You learn so many new things just by having conversations with people who care about what they're studying. It was such a profound difference from my time at jindal.

If you think that the only reason people would shift out of Jindal is because of lack of money, I would say that's very incorrect. Jindal cares about the bottom line and will take in as many students as possible regardless of what environment it creates. While NLUs don't have money, the students (and some teachers) create an environment where people can thrive.
I don't have an opinion in the discussion but which JGLS you go to bro? So many people study here (nearly 40%), they cry all day about how tier 1 jobs are so hard to get from jindal. So many people do multiple internships and there are so less people who are second gen lawyers, pls stop spreading lies. Even people who are second gen mostly belong to litigating families, also what kind of connections get you placed without merit? My dad knows partners of tier 1 firms and still its only enough to get internships (?). Stop spreading lies ffs
Seconding this. JGLS kids on this site are pretty naive to think that they can compensate with money for their lack of merit in failing to get into a top NLU. They'd be pretty shocked to realise that most tier-1 NLU folks are also just as rich but would also rather work harder to achieve something with good competition. That gives a much greater feeling of satisfaction in the short and long-term.
Its simple, if you don't have it, or couldn't get it- its easy to hate.
A 5-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.