Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
Recently converted NALSAR frickin Hyderabad/NUJS after a 2.5 year drop from Symbi Pune. Studying in these 2 institutions was always my dream. And honestly I prepped alone with no coaching(not that it was necessary after quite a few attempts - I was quite acquainted with the pattern , but still the exam remained tough anyway). Sometimes I used to visit LI threads to check out droppers advice on how to handle the stress and pressure associated with drops(in my case multiple drops). Especially this one thread where the nalsar alumni(not only nalsar in fact every nlu alumni) encouraged people retaking clat and not thinking age as an issue. So thanks to everyone. It was a tough journey especially with regards to motivation , failing repeatedly was very demotivating.

I have already decided go shift college and my parents wholeheartedly agree as well.NOW the choice comes- should I go for NUJS/NALSAR. I hail from WB originally. Will shift to noida for personal reasons. I love mooting and debating. And my aim is LLM and research in a top tier university abroad/MBA from T-15 US university. Which NLU do y’all think I should go?

I PERSONALLY WANTED TO JOIN NUJS (because of the placements and epic senior-junior dynamic). But again there are some people who are telling me that in my MBA application later on especially in M7 - NALSAR and NUJS will make a difference as apparently NALSAR is more popular worldwide??? I don’t think this advice is true at all.

Kindly help out with the above-mentioned doubts and thank you once again.
Nalsar alumnus here. Both are pretty much the same - nalsar and nujs. Both have seen a recent downturn because of administration drama, standards at both places are lower than they were ten years ago. But both places remain far far ahead of every private university in the country. Can’t make a wrong choice.
Congrats :) . Also did u straight come out from symbiosis? Or did you join any other NLU after that?
Congratulations- and I hope before symbiosis , u took partial gap years only. Else complete drop years can pose a problem in your gmat application. And as for college choices , choose NUJS.
Yeah yeah I did , even after symbiosis I went to a Tier 2 NLU , so didn’t exactly spend my total tenure at symbi.
Congrats OP. And also both NALSAR and NUJS are not at all popular worldwide lmao
I am pretty much within the age of range of nalsar aka 20 , so the joke is clearly on you πŸ˜‚
Uncle? If you were from those 2 colleges , especially NALSAR , you would know that plenty of graduates earn their degree around 24-24.5. A 1-2 year drop is so common lmao. OP ka pata nehi , but we definitely know who is the one making 'uncle' jokes here.
This person had symbiosis Pune in his/her CV. And now prolly NALSAR/NUJS. That too with drop years which don’t matter. U on the other hand are not even from any top 5 or symbi. Even if you are , you must be one of those batch rejects who only find solace downplaying people’s achievements with arguments which don’t even matter especially in top-3. Fr look at the stats
RIP calculation. I will sincerely urge the OP not to get demotivated by this. I had a 2 year drop as well. Plus last to last year , I made it into NLS. And when I made it - I was 19 :). Aur iss mahapurush ke calculation keh hisab se apparently OP will be 23(which can be true if he is in fact 23). You are definitely not from a top 3. Agar hein bhi - toh I feel sorry for that particular batch. Unnecessarily troll Karke kisika bhala nehi hua , tu bhi mat kar. And fyi-the average age of grads in nls is 23-24.5. Get a life loser :)
17/18 seh 2.5-3 saal add kare toh 23 aata hein? Dealer ka number dena zaara
Awww feeling sad? Want to ruin other people's efforts by bringing in numbers and deliberately cracking bad jokes? Try out CAM
Bro you should take another drop for NLS Bangalore because its the Best. That way, you'll graduate when 27 and then you can pursue a LLM, post which an MBA from US. You'll be done by 30......
No thanks,he can be a 24-25 year old grad earning more than you will from a tier-3
Mah man thinks he is super smart lmao. Lemme tell you even if someone graduates at 27 and work for 3 years at a tier-1 law firms , then also the Harvard MBA makes sense.
Too bad I am graduating around 24.5 after a 2 year drop just like the OP. But you can ask me for a job if you want later on , don’t worry :). In the past as well Nalsar/Nujs folks have employed tier-3 trolls
If his age is within 20 and he makes into top 2 from a tier-2 , then why not?
How is your aim both an LLM as well as MBA? Can you clarify a little
I from a TLC and do not have a personal bias either for Nalsar or Nujs. However from my experience of working with graduates from both the college, and similar experience of my peers, Nalsar is slightly better than Nujs. If you plan for llm, etc. you should definitely join Nalsar (for the slight edge). Moreover, since you are from WB, joining a college in another state is advisable. This will give you exposure to cultural diversity and broaden your thinking which will be very helpful in the long run.