Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I have been seeing people(aspirants and running year law students) with PARTIAL drops ranging from 1-4 attempts stating that if they would give clat in the next attempt while studying at any law college they would crack NLS. Really? This recently happened with someone on this thread particularly where one person (from nlu Delhi) stated that he/she would be able to crack NLS if it means another attempt. NO ONE CRACKS NLSIU this easily, jesus get real.

CLAT IS NOT EASY. Be practical. YOU CAN GIVE AS MANY ATTEMPTS (don’t cross or touch age 22 tho cause then it will be too late) as you want , but please maintain your grades at college while you are preparing for clat. 95 percent ka nlsiu clear nehi hota hein. Leave NLSIU , 90 percent don’t clear top 3. For instance , I gave clat this year for the 4th time (technically third cause first time I gave clat unprepared). I got the exact same tier-2 NLU rank. EXACT SAME. I am 20 rn turning 21 this August and I won’t be attempting the exam anymore ofc. But I had a safety cushion as a tier-2 NLU. I am glad that I maintained my grades and participated moderately in extracurriculars. NLSIU and NUJS was also my dream. But for that the amount of work that was required was not put forward by me. But I didn’t lose anything. Sure the tag of NLSIU mattered to me , but was I sad after not being able to crack it? NO.

PREPARE , HUSTLE - not only for clat but for both especially if you are taking partial drops(not full drop). This was not some random advice but an observation. Drop years don’t matter , but preparation ke chakkar mein don’t forget your current law school and the safety cushion.
4th time? And you still couldn’t get atleast a tier-1 like GNLU or NLUJ? And you’re here giving advice about the difficulty of CLAT? Clearly, and with all due respect, you’re probably not cut out for a top NLU. Yes, the exam carries a bit of luck with it and within atleast the top 400-500 ranks, the quality is same and most students would have prepped hard but had good and bad days during the exam. Same with AILET, there will be top 100 CLAT rankers who wouldn’t have got a good AILET rank and vice-versa. But if you deserve a top NLU, you will mostly get it. It’s not that a guy deserves NLS but ends up getting RML or HNLU due to bad luck. That’s not how it works.
This is so not true. I agree with you but the first two attempts of my clat clearly didn’t work out because of bad luck. Well I don’t think I am NLS material. But you see , there are millions of people having little level of good luck and getting maximum till GNLU. I could’ve studied harder instead of procrastinating sometimes but preparing with college is very difficult.
It's not how it works.

For instance, this year's math and GK sections were relatively difficult as compared to other sections of the exam. Quants had two questions that were quite unsolvable, even for CAT mentors. For someone who did rigorous GK and Quant practise, it served as a major disadvantage despite the fact that they were just as good as them or even better than others who scored better.

My friend left his whole logical reasoning section, which was a piece of cake for quants which was unnecessarily difficult; he did not make it despite being an absolute genius and having scores exceeding 100 multiple times in sample papers and mocks.

And if you feel that we might have been unprepared, unlike other top scorers, then I'll let you know that I've scored near perfects in the CLAT 2021 and CLAT 2022 Quant sections and still struggled to solve them.

So yeah, the bottom line is that CLAT can f*** you in 100 different ways since the difficulty of getting a single mark would drastically vary in contrast with its weightage.

So that's how a guy who might deserve NLS ends up getting RML or HNLU due to bad luck.
Are you, by any chance, from RGNUL?

P.S : Kian/R - Don't moderate this please, this is relevant to the questions that I have about the same thing.
Understand this, there is hardly any difference between the top 7 NLUs (tier 1) and maybe Jindal. These colleges are almost at par when it comes to placement opportunities or any other opportunity for that matter and it's not that difficult to get into one of them if you are a hardworking individual with average to above average intelligence. Also, a lot of the tier 2 NLUs place a significant amount of their batch. It's not the college that matter, it's the student. What you do in a Tier 1/ Tier 2 college that will make a difference.
Did you just say that JIndal offers the same placement opps as the top 7 NLUs?
Sorry bud you just don't have it in you then. Have grace and give up when you must.
Completely agree, this is a much needed refreshing post in a sea of drop encouraging circlejerk.