Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
Hi , I am at a Tier- 2 nlu right now . I took clat 2-3 times. Will be sitting for another attempt because I wasn’t able to utilise one of my attempts in the first try. If I give clat again (partial drop while being in college) and thankfully if I get NLS/NALSAR/NUJS/NLU-D, I will be graduating around 24.5. Will that be okay ? I hope it’s not tooo late cause I have seen for a fact that the average age will be around 23-25. But the things that are bothering me are as follows :-

1. Someone told me that in litigation it might be a problem as one ‘s age in the bar matters (although my aim ain’t litigation)

2. Just like every law aspirant , I also have a dream to work in Magic circle law firms (very vague ambition I know) - will they look down upon you as applicants with gap years ?

3. Batchmates who started a year early or 2 - will they be too ahead if I start my journey at a top 3.

4. Will I be too late for a switch in career ? I want to give gmat later in my life.

I have been receiving mixed responses . It’s time I hear from the industry level grads and the students of what they think , please pour in your views and any threads that can resolve my contention.
Doesn’t matter. At all. What you do while you’re in college and after you start working at a firm, is all that will matter.
No one cares about your age unless it's your birthday or if you're going for an MBA. Chill out.
What do u think the ideal age for MBA should be ? I fall within the average age only right?
I graduated from an NLU a few months before turning 25. I did an LLM in the UK straight after that and then started working in India at 26.5 years. Today, at the age of 35, I am quite well-established in my field. Ironically, I look younger than my peers despite being older than them, as they are all bald whereas I have a healthy crop of hair, smooth skin and a slim frame 😁
You cannot be that old than your peers anyway lmao - the age gap might be why max to max 1-2 years ?
We had a few such examples back during our NLU days. I had one as my close friend. It never registered that he was older though we were aware that he was older by 2 years. Once you are in a batch, you will not stand out in the batch.

Also, if you are worried about graduating at 24.5, then try to get married early is all. Don't delay your marriage, and start thinking about it/preparing for it as early as possible. That way you can prevent your NLU admission delay from acquiring a domino effect in your life.
Lmao , a tier 1 nlu at any day and age is better . He doesn’t have to worry at all
It would not be a problem. But, graduating at 24.5 is not normal. It certainly won't hamper you in corp law in the larger scheme of things. However, I am 23.5 years old and have 1 year of experience at a law firm already. The best way to learn things is to actually work.

I sometimes feel that people hype up the NLU T1 tag a lot and lose out on years of their life, being financially independent, supporting your family or even working full time is a very enriching experience and you defer it by 2-3 years by taking multiple drops and put yourself under pressure and scrutiny by doing so.

Also, if you do want to give GMAT, why are you hard pressed on a T1 NLU.
I heard that the M7 business schools are really critical about your UG college ?
Gmat requires candidates of good background. If this kid is planning on doing it from T-1 NLU , I can understand why .
Not an issue.. Typically, people graduate when they are 23+. So in your case you will only be 24+. Don't take stress for these things. It may sound very boring to you, but like others have pointed out, these things don't matter in long run. Also, if I understood correctly, you are already in a T2 NLU and are looking for another attempt for which you may take sometime off from colg.. don't put so much importance to the colg at the cost of spending couple of years for getting into a colg.
For gmat - no u are not too late , nlu alumni sometimes even take it at the age of 35.

Batchmates - lmao , get a good rank in clat and start ur academic career with top ranks . They will stop anyway

Magic circle - no , it won’t matter that much but they will see ur grades and CV. They will ask you or even grill you for that matter why you took drop years- (why more than 1) . You have to explain those by giving examples of partial gaps , internships or health issues(if any)

Litigation - yeah this field I have not much idea - but logically speaking , some people anyway go through their corporate years to become financially stable and start litigation anyway . So no problem.

Also if you know that the average batch age ranges from 23-25 (which is mostly true) - why are u seeking advice here anyway ?
If age bothers you (when it shouldn’t cause most people will graduate at this age anyway) , then try earning a PPO and you can flex that you got a job along with your batchmates (even better) . For the other stuff , those are stupid to begin with . Age never really mattered in GMAT
If someone has told you age matters on Litigation the not sure if you are conversing w the right folks
Wtf is I wrote CLAT 2-3 times? Either you have written it 2 times or 3 times. And most students who graduate high school today are 18 years (or turning 18 that year) depending on which month you were born. So even a 1 year dropper would graduate at 24 since he will be 19 when he joins. I don’t get why the age thing is being made such a big fuss of suddenly on this site. It hardly matters unless you are like 22 or more when you join. And also top 4 NLUs (including NLUD) are not guaranteed unless you have some domicile quota to bump your chances. You should focus on clearing the exam rather than your age, if that’s your dream.
Exactly the date of birth and date of admission matters. That’s why people keep on attempting till 20. If one’s birthday is in September and he is 19 this august (month of joining), he is joining at 19.
Hi , firstly thanks brother for the advice. I will explain what I mean by 2-3 times. I have sat for it 3 times but the first time I was completely unprepared and messed up my OMR. I prepped for everything except clat. It was from the second time I started taking my prep seriously. So it’s 2 times properly
Fr , the age issues even youngsters have….smhhh, they don’t understand it’s the average age people graduate.
Yeap absolutely. So if a person join law school around 17 or 18 , depends on the month.
Everyone has their own pace in life, it isn't best for us to compare. Do not worry about your future, you are thinking about it makes it evident that you care.

However, to answer your question, I am just shy of 23.5 right now, I am an A1, received my first increment last month. Will be an A2 by the time I am 24.5.
Low-key flex. The only way I can match you is if I get a PPO 😂
Even if it is not normal -what are you going to do about it now?
It’s normal bruh. Majority of NLS grads fall in this range. I am mentioning it cause it’s the same average in my batch as well. And yeah exactly my point.
A 5-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.