Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Which is the best law firm in terms of pay and prestige ?

Some options I have heard - AZB , Luthra , SAM , Trilegal and Khaitan. For some reasons my seniors have told me not to even look at CAM.
While controversial, having worked in and opposite some of the firms, simply in terms of consistency of quality work across teams (this is not basis revenue or number of partners or number of deals consummated), I believe the following should be the overall ranking. Please note that there are teams within these firms which are best in their respective practice areas (For ex. SAM litigation in my view is the best across all law firms).

1. Trilegal

2. S&R

3. AZB, SAM

4. CAM

5. Khaitan

6. JSA

7. Touchstone

8. Indus Law

9. Saraf and Partners = TTA
Trilegal a totally terrible firm...they don't know what they are doing and cant decide whether to hire or fire ppl
Would you mind elaborating on why you find their work quality to be top-grade. What sets Trilegal or S&R apart from the rest? I'm curious. Thanks
AZB,Sam,khaitan...worth considering.....Trilegal a d Lutgra are far away from best league
Cam couldn't save their own family firm name of Adanis.That 400 page report from Adani side clarifying was a joke of the century....the share price took a bigger beating after that terrible report..... incompetence of CAM is so exposed....you want to join such a firm?
Depends what you are looking for it as a junior your goal is to focus on learning then Sam and Cam are known for this, if you want the best pay then trilegal, heard a lot of good things about kco in terms of work environment. Also more than law firms it really depends on your partner.
Safe to say Trilegal, S&R, Induslaw and AZB are doing great right now. Amarchand Mangaldas has lost its sheen now, dont let anyone tell you otherwise!
One AMS side has lost all track of humanity and sanity and is only interested in milking people for money till the foreign law firms come and gobble up their talent. It is only a matter of time now.