Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Seems like a trollish query to spark another NLS vs NLUD debate. But I’ll try to be serious about this. It does depend on your personal preferences and reasons for leaving. Even from the very early batches of NLUD (when NLUD was hardly well-established in reputation and some folks claimed it was improbable for it to match older NLUs), I don’t think there’s been even a single person who’s got into NLUD and then written CLAT again, and dropped a year, just to get NLS.

Personally, I don’t think there’s much benefit to losing a year for NLS now. Almost all the opportunities at NLS are available to NLUD students. More importantly, NLS is massively increasing its intake to some 300 students in the 5 year course. While it may not dilute student quality entirely, it would definitely change the NLU experience. And I’m not even referring to the fact that NLUD doesn’t have local state reservation unlike NLS were people with lesser ranks usually get through.

The one thing advantage of NLS now would be their faculty but with so many students, you may be in a section that doesn’t get the best professors sometimes. I think NLUD also has sections now but the batch size is still small. And NLS students were competing at the top even when it’s faculty wasn’t so good. Also, if you’re in first year now, you would’ve joined in 2022 and you’ll be writing CLAT 2024, no? So that means you would’ve dropped two years before going to NLS, why would anyone do that? Like I said, sounds very trollish to me.
Okay this might be controversial but it totally depends on your choice . This year AIR 8 changed his college from NLIU Bhopal to NLSIU. Last to last year , there was one girl from Nujs who reattempted clat for the 2nd time (or 3rd time ?) I guess for NLSIU (I saw her interview on YouTube). But again there are some people who get nlsiu and nlu Delhi in the same attempt and choose to go to the latter . So it totally depends upon you.