Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
He is in a Tier-2 NLU this year. Gave clat and attained a rank of 900ish. Getting the same college. His preferences are SLS Pune and Jindal - please tell me what can be a good option for placements , foreign llms and TCs. Although slat is difficult to crack for the sake of sls Pune , lsat is easier. Money is not a problem
If "money is not a problem" and your friend is a reasonably good student, then JGLS. Jindal provides FAR FAR better faculty and opportunities for networking, placements, and foreign LLMs (they have tie-ups with a range of top ranked QS unis which you can go through online), given that a student is willing to put in the effort and exploit these opportunities.
Which T2 NLU is this, he shouldn't switch at all. An year is huge deal to waste if already in a decent college.
Tell that to the person who dropped NLIu to get nlsiu this year and a whole lot others(just like dropping symbi for nalsar). Stop preaching your Tier-2 theory when people want to go to better NLUs or good private universities.
Apparently, someone from the batch of 2024 at NUJS had switched to NLS and is part of 2025 batch at NLS
This trend is increasing. But I want this trend to increase more from tier-2 to tier-1 not from their-1 to tier-1
Apparently, all the alumni from all other NLUs are sitting for CLAT 2024 to try to join NLSIU for getting real legal education.
SLS is no match to jindal. Faculty, exposure, facilities, infra, food all way superior. Jindal will be little more expensive than symbiosis Pune but that's worth it.
Incorrect. Law college prestige in India is determined primarily by graduating outcomes, not infrastructure standards. While Jindal might serve you good food and better buildings, you're a lot more likely to graduate successfully from SLS.

SLS boasts greater industrial roots, better and higher placements for T1s every year, and UK training contracts.
Everytime I hear peancs being sung of Jindal faculty, I start laughing. If people only knew the real inside story, that of literally hundreds of random freshers teaching God knows what inside those classrooms, while more senior people squabble about having to work for more than 2 days a week and how to seek the extra money for publishing in questionable scopus journals.
Don't make me laugh. People with backs, 4 years of work ex and no credible publication are given professor status at Jindal. Some of the TAs at NALSAR are of better quality. No designation in Jindal really matters, outsiders laugh at such designations.
@Mod: Who contested this? Do you want me to name the concerned person so that you can do a background check? People who know JGLS faculty are aware of this.
A 13-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.