Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
What the current scenario of Day 0 placements in GLC Mumbai? I know that most of the batch secures PPOs in T1 firms there as a result of relaxed attendance policy, prime location, and short classes. But what about on-campus/Day 0 placements? I've heard that it's 16-17 LPA by a 5th year student:-

https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkx0Mj4NTftH_FeXMecaGivcLEKlgj3SXJj

Is it true?
If the girl in the video is telling the truth, that means GLC is at par with top NLUs. So I don't know why people don't rank it in the top 10.
I have the same question. Keshav Malpani (NLUJ alumnus) also puts it at low T1 level ie GNLUG and NLIU level overall:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FtRCxR_xE&t=18m58s
Well it's true! The reason why it's above NLSIU and others is, because of being neglected, they'll open 10 more NLUs but not completely overhaul and revolutionize the historic law college of not just India but Asia, it's history and allumni is as precious as anything, but being left at the hand of state government and attaching it with MU which hardly does anything. Since, it's part of MU where it's more of business then quality pedagogy it's bound to die due to slow poison. They won't make it autonomous and it would die. Imagine a college established in 1855s and still not one among top 3 college of country, what amount of mishandling the government and authorities must have done to completely devalue it's rich heritage.

Speaking of it, it's good college, but it's similar to like nokia in upcoming world of Android.

It stayed the way it was, other progressed and changed and with the glorification of hostel-college education, it will be just a glorified college of past.

But it will take another decade or so. But it does give all of it which an NLUs give with just no show off.
I totally resonate with this being a 2024 batch , we hardly got to explore our library as it since construction since we joined
Out of 420 students every year, even by a stretch, only 20 people get placed in T1 and T2s. Not even close to tier 1 NLUs.
Hi, as a student at GLC Mumbai, I would like to offer a more nuanced perspective on the placements situation at our institution. Apologies for the long reply.

Firstly, it is important to note that the average package for our students is not necessarily as high as 16-17 LPA. While it is possible for a few to secure such high-paying packages, it is not a common occurrence for the majority of the batch. In reality, around 60-70 students have been placed, and the packages that they receive vary depending on the firm and position.

Secondly, GLC is a unique law school in the sense that our batch size is much larger than most other NLUs. With 240 students in the five-year course, many of our classmates focus their time and energy on internships throughout their studies. Our placement committee is extremely efficient student-run body that provides students with opportunities for internships and placements throughout the year.

In addition, we have dedicated T1 A0 hiring in August, but these firms also come to GLC for internships, articled clerkships, and paralegal positions at various times during the year. We also have placement weeks in November and February, during which numerous firms, chambers, corporates, banks, and big 4 companies come to college to hire interns, clerks, paralegals, and associates.

It is worth noting that many students at GLC come from influential families, particularly those with a legal background, and they often do not apply for placements as they already have their career paths charted out. A substantial percentage of our batch is deeply interested in pursuing litigation and may not necessarily apply for T1 firms. Instead, they often choose to go for chamber practice or litigation firms.

Lastly, it is not uncommon for students from GLC to pursue non-law careers after graduation. In fact our annual magazine even has a dedicated section featuring alumni who have excelled in non-law careers. Many from my batch are currently working with startups, media, political parties, and pursuing or planning to pursue a second degree such as CA, CS, ACCA, FRM, and MBA.

Overall, while the quality of education imparted by the college is lacking, GLC still holds a good standing due to its relaxed attendance policy, brand name/goodwill, and the impressive alumni network. (I am not sure, for how many more years, all this will keep the college at a good standing)

In conclusion, most students chart out their own paths since their is no mentorship offered by the college and most of its professors. It is only through building a solid relationship with your peers, seniors and juniors one is able to get some sort of guidance. And there is no horde to join just T1 firms.

Hope this helps.
So 60-70 students are placed on-campus, right? Rest of them either pursue litigation, land PPOs, or go for higher studies. Understood. I wanted to know what's the median package among those 60-70 students placed on Day Zero, though. Is it 16-17 LPA like that girl's saying or below that?
A lot of the facts in the above post are incorrect. Firstly, the batch size is not 240, it's 120 for 5 year law and 300 for 3 year law, a total of 420 students and out of them only 20-30 get placed in tier1 or tier 2 firms. The vast majority of them either try for UPSC, or join chambers or go in-house or are rich landowners in mumbai who don't need to work so they just manage their properties and collect rent. It's really nowhere close to being a Tier 1 NLU.
Lol no. Batch size is actually 240. And by that, you can increase the people that go into firms. Seen many from the 2025 batch getting placed well. Relatively less due to market decline but still much better than what you state.
Hi,

I’m a first gen lawyer, GLC 2023 batch. My peak internship years were during the pandemic, when people from NLUs had also flooded internships, so GLC students had to struggle a lot more with internship applications and getting good internships than we’ve probably ever had to in the past.

Still, got placed in a T1 in day 0. Will be getting 16-17L. GLC can be an amazing place. Depending on how you utilise your time while there. Definitely the best college to consider if you’re from Mumbai/Maharashtra or want to settle down in Mumbai.

The administration and education are not things I would comment upon. (I mean the yearly fees is 6k) If you’re someone who is willing to make your own way, you can do that in GLC.

It has enough of a name tag that it’ll get you though the doors of Tier 1 firms.

Everyone I know who was even remotely smart and tried hard enough is comfortably placed now.
The girl in the video is from my batch. She’s placed in a T1 too. Yeah 16-17L is standard for Tier 1 firms and I believe some 15-20 students got into T1s through Day 0.
And how many students out of 240 (batch size), on average, sit for the placement drive every year?
Out of 240 in the 5 year course, about 80-90 sit for the day 0. Also, day 0 as a phenomenon in GLC has started only in 2021 and the numbers are increasing. In 2021 about 15-20 got placed. In 2022 about 23-24 got placed. And in 2023 about the same number got placed.