Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
As a final year student, I honestly don’t know what to do to gain visibility, other than getting published. Can anyone tell me how much publications help in creating visibility and CV value?

Also, what are the top blogs/journals for competition law, that I should aim for?
They are quite helpful, specially if the publication corresponds to a practice area the concerned Firm is either good at or keen at expanding. In interviews, they even ask you questions on the publications you have mentioned- but I would suggest that u publish only at reputed places, and not any random site mirroring Latin maxims.

Indiacorplaw, SpicyIP, IRCCL and official NLU publications are some examples of the good platforms which do add value to your CV.
Indian law firms don't care, but international law firms may. At Indian law firms it's more important who your parents are!

For a BALLB student, an article in Bar & Bench or LiveLaw or SpicyIP would be considered good.
Would a publication on blogs like IndiaCorpLaw be favourable for internship applications for 4th years?
Additionally for areas of law like taxation, where can a student send me articles for publication?
There are dedicated NLU blogs for taxation, if it's a longer piece then people prefer TaxMann
can anyone please tell me about any good blogs on competition law. I’m a good writer so I’m confident i’ll get published.

Also, for a law student looking to join in the june/july intake, am I too late?

I have internships lined up with trilegal and KCO but in July and August. I’m afraid I will have missed the recruitment bus by then and most vacancies would be filled.
Indcorplaw, IRCCL, NLSBLR, I think NLIU and NUJS have decent corp law blogs as well
Chamber of Tax Consultants, TaxGuru, BCAS, CS Journals are good avenues for tax writing.
Not having publications will hurt for sure. Having them may or may not help. YMMV.
Is it too late to start preparing for a law firm job. Aiming for June/july intake.