Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Congress win: Sondhi back as AG? More grants for NLSIU? More influence for Sudhir? Agreement to give national status to NLSIU?

BJP win: Confrontation? Insistence on higher state quota? Less grants, due to RW preference for STEM and management education?
How will the state government agree to give national status to NLSIU? Do you even read the stuff that you write?
BJP does prefer NLSIU . Itโ€™s just that itโ€™s never been in news that much
Neither BJP nor Congress will win a majority. They will depend on JDS support. JDS will ask for the Chief Minister's position, which either party will have to accept, though JDS will more likely go with Congress. Thus, it will be a JDS-led government with Kumaraswamy as CM. What this means is populism and regionalism, on steroids. Expect Kannada quotas, Vokkaliga quotas, a second campus in some rural town etc.
The Congress will win by a big majority as there is anti-incumbency sentiment against BJP and infighting too. But I can't see Aditya Sondhi returning as AG. He has that achievement under his belt and his next aim will be a direct SC judgeship .
Whoever does win should get the Bangalore municipality to focus on the city's basic infra, hygiene, drainage, public transport and related issues for a change. It is getting to be a bad place to live in. No other positive apart from the weather and even that is growing worse with global warming now.
How could NLSIU benefit if Congress wins Karnataka?

Most opinion polls are suggesting a comfortable win for the Congress in Karnataka. But will NLSIU benefit? There is obviously an ideological connect as the majority of NLSIU alumni/student/faculty have left-liberal leanings. We could also perhaps see the return of Aditya Sondhi as Advocate General. But will this translate into more state government funding and other types of support? ๐Ÿค”
Not sure about infra funding, but the Congress should fund research that fits in with their ideology, such as minority rights, caste, welfarist economics, etc.

But what is really worrying is the upsurge of xenophobia and Kannadadiga nationalism, tacitly encouraged by the Congress. I just stop it ends with election, because if it goes and it will lead to an increase in domicile reservation, CLAT in Kannada etc.
The language issue is not nationalistic in any sense, its just north indians thinking hindi is a national language and refusing to talk in any other language that pisses people off
There are already demands for clat in hindi, but that you'd probably find acceptable. Anyone tries to speak up against Hindi imposition and suddenly there's a mob with pitchforks about anti-nationals, colonial sympathisers and xenophobia. Please look up an article about a North Indian covering kannada signs in the Bangalore metro and saying people should
*local people should learn Hindi. Will give you an idea of the xenophobia you speak of.
Brijesh Kalappa was a big fool to quit Congress! Will probably return though.
Exit polls saying Cong will sail through. Great news for NLSIU!! More funding for sure
NLSIU will definitely benefit because they are an integral part of the liberal ecosystem.
How will NLSIU benefit if Republicans win the White House in 2024-25?
Congratulations everyone!!! Congress has won big!!! Now expect BIG things for NLSIU.
People must be queueing outside Aditya Sondhiโ€˜s house with sweets ๐Ÿ˜‚ Congratulations in advance to him! 99% chance he will be the Advocate General again!
I am a BJP supporter and I am obviously disappointed by the results. However, I am at least happy that the rogue Kumaraswamy's party JDS have been decimated and will not be the kingmaker. So it's a big โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ to Kannada regionalism as well.