Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Pay several lakhs for an Omega versus a few thousand for a Titan. Brand value aside, what’s so great about Omega watches? Are they made of diamonds or something? Law firm bros seem to treat it like a holy grail and think that chicks will fall over each other and bed them if they wear one, like in James Bond movies. It’s the ultimate social validation at CAM,SAM, AZB etc.
not the holy grail but the consolation prize. The real holy grail is the rolex date just
Lmaoooo. Imagine comparing Omega to Titan. Have you even seen Titan’s collection? I was recently at one of their outlets and couldn’t find a single one that I immediately liked. The only watches I found attractive at the showroom were the Casio G-Shocks (especially the silver metallic one with a panel inspired from Audemars Piguet Royal Oak).

Also, it’s not just about law firm guys, I’ve personally known med school grads and doctors who are obsessed with Omega. There is something inherently satisfying about looking at a perfectly created and beautiful piece of craftsmanship. This explains the pull behind premium watches.

It’s literally one of my goals to own an Omega
Casio G-Shocks is fugly. Titan watches look much better. Typical law firm-ite mentality: pay 35,000 for a hunk of crap because it's foreign and trending on Insta, while denigrating anything Indian.
(in continuation of my last comment) Also, if you think real watch enthusiast shell out lakhs just to get validation from β€œchicks” and look cool in front of them, you’re just dumb and jealous. Not trying to be rude but I bet the shallow girls you are talking about won’t be able to the difference between a real Omega and a replica. It’s better to just get a fake one for just 2k from Churchgate xD
I got mine from Flora Fountain and it's gotten me a lot of action. Just saying!!
Omega is chump change, At least a rolex date just, the real social validation is the AP royal oak or a Patek Philippe Nautilus, or a Rolex Daytona minimum
I honestly don't understand it. Men look more or less the same in the white shirt dark trouser. At least pick a conversation starting quirky and interesting watch. It's that or quirky socks where men can retain some individuality in formal settings. All the Omegas just look like part of a uniform. Pick a orange Seiko or beige G-Shock or something please.
But why attract attention to anything but your work. That's the only thing which will see you through.
Dont think we should generically judge folks for wearing an Omega. I dont know about this obsession, but there could be true watch enthusiasts that have saved up and bought their holy grail watch, like a speedmaster or Aqua Terra. For a true enthusiast, it's not about the brand name or the value.
Counter-question: are law firm bros really that great? There's your answer.
Expecting a good bonus this year….should I get a Tissot PRX Powermatic or should I spend a bit more on a tag heuer