Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
I at times talk to my peers in another law firm under whom the candidate has interned.
Not the internships, can't afford to fake them.

Talking about various committees and extra curricular
Don’t bother, no one cares about them at law firms. You’re taking a risk for real reward.
Why so? Do they have any kind of background check wrt the internships they've done considering the huge number of applications they get
Terrible idea. Even if most firms don't cross-check credentials before granting an internship, they certainly do so before offering you any further opportunities such as a paralegalship or a PPO. Being discovered as a fraud at that point will not only be humiliating, but will also make your entire endeavour pointless because you'll clearly be booted out.

Please also be mindful of the risks: people talk. If you're practically going to work in the same city and in the same practice area, you'll likely meet a lot of the same people during your stint as a lawyer. If the partners concerned want to destroy your chances of getting or continuing a job with a firm in these circles, they very well can.

Accordingly, I would highly discourage that.
I love anonymity! No better way to discover or explore the deepest recesses of the mind.
Try it but then dont come back venting here when your lying A** is fired and you never find a job ever again.

Jeez!!