Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Still remember my first internship at SNG back in my law school days. Rajesh Narain Gupta is a gem of a person, lots to takeaway from him!
Very selective as far as interns are concerned! Need insights on people that have secured an internship at the firm's Delhi office solely on merit, would love to know more about the firm.
Delhi office is where the real action happens, firm is a solid tier 2. Best of luck!
SNG, Mumbai is a boutique private client set up with some B&F work. Delhi on the other hand is into core banking and finance with a specific focus on debt markets i.e. DCM to be very precise. PE-VC and GC is not too active but for capital markets and/or banking, go for it.
How is the SNG Delhi office for General Corporate and Merger & Acquisition?
Good firm with a strong B&F and DCM team. While I was studying back in those days, the firm used to be top tier. Things havent changed over the years, go for it!
Great Tier 2 firm with complex B&F as well as Debt Capital Markets deals. Consider the Delhi office only. Good Luck!
1. No its literally failing a lot and there are talks of joining a bigger firm

2. Sure

3. No the pay is not even worth spending this point

4. Definitely not, you are between off at other tier 3 firms.
As someone who had interned in both the Mumbai as well as the Delhi office of the firm, this is what I have observed:

1] SNG, Delhi is top tier and is always involved in marquee deals of high complexity in both the capital markets as well as the banking space. So, if its the Delhi office then go for it without any doubt.

2] SNG, Mumbai is a core private client boutique given the fact that its a leading firm in the same apart from banking and capital markets. Wouldn't recommend it unless you are well versed in wills and offshore funding.

3] Stipends vary from case to case and completely depend on your worksheet.

4] It is easier to make a shift to tier 1s after the firm has become precariously heavy in terms of reputation, deal sizes and L500 recognitions.

Hang in there for a bit and jump ship after a year or two, good luck!
How is SNG Partners? I was thinking of interning there long term? Also, are the internships over there paid?