Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I am currently a sophomore in law school.

I want to work in Dispute Resolution.

I believe my research is adequate, but I would like to learn drafting. I recently interned at a firm, and they gave me a petition to draft in the last two days of my internship, the petition was not upto thr mark said by the associate, but they said you are in your second year, so it is not an issue.

The drafting work is most of the time filtered to 4th and 5th year interns.

If anyone can name advocates or firms that assign a good amount of drafting work to interns, including drafting guidance please mention there names.

I would be grateful to you all.
There are no per se list of firms which assign "good" or "better" amount of drafting. As a rule, intern with some trial or high court advocates. They will assign plenty of drafting tasks. Avoid law firms, especially tier 1, since they rarely delegate drafting to interns. Senior Advocates too I believe won't give interns drafting, since most of the drafting would be done by their briefing counsels or some junior associates. But this may vary.

And chill my friend. Its just your second year. You will learn everything slowly and gradually. If you really are too anxious, go through some drafts yourselves. You can easily find some on google, espicially in a module on drafting by DU, which is publicly available.
Thank you for your reply.

If anyone can please tell me some names of the advocates in the Delhi high court or chambers I will be grateful!!
Try NM Law chambers. One of its founding partners, Malak Bhatt, is doing great Lit work. Arjun Natarajan is also a fantastic mentor and advocate, you can try approaching him too. He is very approachable on Linkedin.

A plus point, these people are sure to have strong networks, so, they can help you with those connections in approaching law firms too, should you wish to intern there in your 4th/5th year. But make sure you develop a good rapport with them.

All the best bud :)
Bump!! Please also tell the names of the boutique firms which delegate drafting and also give guidance on it.
Go for an Arjun sir internship and he will make you fall in love with drafting - my personal experience. He is to drafting lessons what Ranvir Brar is to cooking lessons. 😇 TML