Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
The consortium has mentioned how candidates who are alloted seats in the 1st and 2nd round need to pay the University fee by 20th May 2023, for both the freeze and float candidates.

This process has a few complications with it that can raise a lot of issues moving forward.

Let's say a candidate was alloted NUJS in round 2 and opts for float option, hoping to get NALSAR or NLS...the latter two with a higher fee structure than NUJS. Poorer Students have to approach banks to take loans in order to pay the fee. But considering the candidate has so far only been alloted NUJS, they are only gonna go for a lower loan scheme. In a situation where the candidate does moves upwards and is alloted NALSAR/NLS, the loan that they took wouldn't be enough to cover the fee of these colleges because they have a higher fee structure.

But considering the candidate already has a loan in the name of NUJS, expecting them to take a new Loan for NALSAR/NLS while cancelling their previous loan is downright unfair and it's surprising how the consortium didn't take into consideration the situation of poor students, such elitism is saddening.
While you're right about everything else, just know that the yearly fees of NALSAR is lesser than NUJS and as far as I know, the lowest among the top 4, in essence, nls, nalsar, nlud and nujs.

And while we always think the Consortium cannot be more careless or more arbitrary than this, they get worse. The unclear return policy of the confirmation fees and the 'objections' submitted so that they can be 'resolved', the list just goes on.
NALSAR fee for 2023- 2 Lakh 57 thousand

NUJS fee for 2023- 2 Lakh 2 thousand

NLSIU fee for 2023- 3 Lakh 27 thousand (NLS always going that extra mile)

These are the lates figures that i have on me.

It's odd for them to demand the university fee for students who have opted for float, i am surprised how they didn't consider the issues which may arise, the confirmation fee mess is another not so well thought out step that the consortium came out with.
The figure for NUJS is for its first semester of the people joining in 2023, while the others are yearly.
Isn't that a lack of transparency then? There might be a number of people who opt for NUJS based on the fee circular, which shows the few as 2 lakhs.

Unlike fee circulars of other universities, this one doesn't have a mention of mess charges and now i find out that it's just for the first semester. Sad.
Don't spread misinformation here. Those who select float option in 1st and 2nd will not have to deposit fee by 20 th may . After allotment of seat in 3rd ( to float option in 2 nd) if they select freeze option then only they hv to deposit uni fee 25 may to 30 .in 4 th round freeze they have to pay fee 5 to 10 June.
YES MY BAD. I REALISED THAT YESTERDAY BUT TOO BAD I CANNOT DELETE THIS POST. APOLOGIES.
This whine is as old as CLAT, I remember almost 10 years ago they asked everyone to deposit 50,000 at one go if you want to retain the chance for an upgrade during allocations.