Read 33 comments as:
Filter By
The Annual NUJS-HSF Moot is scheduled to take place from 20-22nd January this year. The peculiar thing about this year’s competition (in contrast to 2022) was that no notifications were issued either by NUJS or HSF regarding this competition. Neither the brochure nor the moot problem are available anywhere on the net. In fact, no pre-invitation or registration forms were released! Was it only invitation based this time around? If so, were only the so called β€˜elite’ colleges invited in the competition? Is this the first time NUJS has employed such a discriminating practice of not even releasing a shred of information out in the public, let alone the important documents? Is this not unfair towards the other law schools?
AFAIK, my university got a notification, despite not being a top tier private one.
A lot many didn’t. Check their social media- no forms/brochures have been released by them. The notification was released on the very the competition was taking place.
Ig NUJS HSF is an invite only moot, although management and organisation by MCS is pathetic. Had there was no HSF with NUJS, no one would have picked up this moot though it is being organised by a tier-1 NLU.
Your discriminatory approach of inviting only certain elite colleges seems to indicate otherwise :-)
nopes. I won the moot a couple of years ago; hence, I am saying this.
But why make it so exclusive to the extent that you don’t even let people know that the moot is taking place till the very last day?
I request the mod to remove the β€˜contested’ tag from this post. All the info is legit; you can verify it from their social media.
We are busy doing after party. Don't care about what anon trolls complain about. Life is good.
From you ad hominem response , it’s quite evident who the β€œanon troll” is. I asked a simple question to which you couldn’t give a straight response. Seems like my averments of HSF corp law moot being a cretin-worthy exclusionary tournament are true then :)
How did you consider it ad-hominem, since it was a comment in general? As for your averments, nobody cares about them. The only cretin here appears to be you, and yes, you may now consider it ad hominem. People who have got complaints and instead of using proper channels, resort to anon mud slinging, don't really deserve any answer.
Exactly my point! How is calling someone an β€œanon troll”, by any extent, not an ad hominem attack? And you don’t seem to be very a likeable person by the way you respond to legitimate queries. And insofar as my averments are concerned, they are absolutely true and cannot be considered as mud slinging at all. It is an undeniable fact that you guy’s didn’t even put out the notification that the moot was happening till the very last date and neither were any registration forms put out. You may go ahead and verify the veracity of my contention in any which way you like.

PS- Mod, the fact that you have marked β€œNoojie’s” comment as featured does reflect your biases in some ways, I hope you won’t flag this comment as trollish or even worse, don’t publish it at all.
History repeats itself. NIJS is not able to conduct a moot properly. No information is there in public, teams are clueless about the info, problem is full of typos and conceptual error (I highly doubt if Varotill drafted this one)

Unchi dukaan feeke pakwan. Maybe learn something from other colleges?
I can confirm that the criticisms are true. The lackadaisical attitude of the current student body and admin are to blame. What people forget is that HSF is not exclusively tied to NUJS under the MoU and can give the moot to another law school if they want. The goodwill generated by alumni, and their good relations with Chris Parsons, have prevented this. But you still shouldn’t take them for granted.
Ever since the current faculty advisor has been put in charge of the Moot Court Society, the efficiency and output of the Society has been plummeting. Other than using flowery and archaic language and sporting a fake accent, together with an air of superiority, she has brought nothing on the table. Nor does she ever do anything other than ordering students around in meaningless errands and has got little clue about moots are supposed to work.
Damn straight! Apparently, she's alum too, how can you be so clueless despite that.
I participated in HSF-NUJS Corp law moot last year. They don't release any info in public domain, only 16-18 teams participate based on invite-only format (not even all NLUs were there but that might be bcoz of tightly packed timeline clashing with schedule of uni. Some non-NLUs like JGLS, ILS, GLC were there). Last year the problem was not drafted by Varottil and as per my research he's not drafting it for last many years.
Then why is it so poor? Feels like an intern has drafted it and no one reviewed it even once.
Even the 21st John H Jackson arrangement was shit. The Cherry on the cake, NUJS won that moot.
Can anyone of you update about the results and organisation of 16th Edition of of this moot held in Jan 2024? I couldn't find any information anywhere.
A 5-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.