Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Well this is extremely weird, and sounds kinda homophobic lol. Why would you as a straight man be afraid of 'being shirtless around gay/ bi men'?
A 10-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
If males and females are allotted separate hostels because of multiple reasons, LGBTQAI+ people should be given separate places to stay too.

If a female says she doesn’t feel comfortable in the presence of a random male near their room because of the risk of being sexualised/objectified etc., straight males could also take up the same argument when it comes to gay/bi people in their hostels. Even I would think twice before roaming shirtless on the hostel floor if there was a gay person in the vicinity. So that notion of a safe space would be moderately affected, if not completely shattered.

To answer your question, NLUJ (pronounced as β€œanal-ew J”) obviously doesn’t give separate hostels to LGBTQAI+ people. So it’s neither straight-friendly nor LGBTQAI+ friendly.
Greetings everyone,

Seems like I'll be joining NLUJ. While I'm given to understand academics and placements are decent, I had a question. As a bisexual male- what is the environment like there? Is it LGBT friendly, or socially conservative. I'd be glad if anyone could shed light on this.

Thanks in advance