We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
They sent a notice to CONNLU citing the regulations in place, asking them to refund within 5 working days. More than a month has passed and they still refuse to do it. In their responses, they have carefully avoided even the mention of the phrase "UGC Guidelines".
It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.
They haven't responded so far about the UGC guidelines. Should I hire a lawyer to draft and send the legal notice on my behalf?
Not sure how to proceed from here.
Thanks for this. No point in not going through with counselling then, at least for the second round. Not sure if a lawyer's fees won't eat up the refund, but I guess I should keep my options open when there are UGC regulations in my favor.
I'm mainly preparing for JEE. I can't make a decision now on whether I'd even be going to the NLU I'm getting. Wasn't the whole point of CLAT being conducted in Dec to avoid a clash with other competitive exams? Or was it just supposed to get money out of students who haven't fully committed to pursuing a career in law?
Please tell me I lack basic reading comprehension and the CLAT counselling procedure isn't just a cash grab.