Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
I am not able to publish my articles in recognized and reputed publications. If anyone has some tips please let me know how you dealt with a similar problem during your junior years in law college.
(Please start by writing to blogs, it will give you a foundation for publications)

Pick a publication of your choice.Go to their website and read all the submission guidelines carefully and make a note. Look at the word limit. You are expected to write between 10% below that limit and 10% above (unless strictly objected). Check the topics/ themes/ practice areas provided, and pick a contemporary Topic based on that( upto 3 weeks before). (This could be new regulation, ministry guidelines, judgement, amendment)

You should find a 'PROBLEM' in the area which the contemporary development in your focus seeks to 'REDRESS'. This requires a lot of in depth research, put in that effort. Most of your article must be basing on this only.

It must contain sufficient significance in that area, and research on the repercussions it could have in the particular sector. For example, I picked AIF Regulations amendments 2022, which could affect Fund management and duration.Make a note of all such effects you believe along with reasoning behind it.

Then list the statutes, regulations, circulars, Regulatory body, etc responsible and attributable to your specific topic. Do read them thoroughly, if the topic you picked only made certain changes, but the area is still largely governed by the Act. List all this in a word doc.

Now go the publication website and look at previous volumes/ publications (last 2 years). Look at the structure, such as divisions of sub themes, abstract, description+ analytical blend in each paragraph, make a note in the doc. This is the accepted style. Each editorial board expects certain styles to adhere to, which is often not openly said.

Now start structuring your abstract/ introduction, adhere to the word limits in this, they are often the dealbreaker.

Your abstract must present- The problem you identified, how the new development redresses it, how are you contributing with your article, what is the structure for the reader, what are your suggestions/ comments etc( summarise in 2-3 lines only)

Now adhere to the style and structure your article accordingly. Provide sub topics and short paragraphs (check the previous articles for clarity). Divide the regulation into smaller issues and solutions. Answer these questions throughout the paragraphs-

What is the problem that the people invested in this sector/ area have faced before the regulation? What is the new regulation? How will it affect the sector? Will it solve the problems or be counterproductive (Most indian laws are, so this is easy for you)

Do they fall short of something? What? Provide your comments on how it can improve. Any other similar regulations in another similar setting that failed/ succeeded? Why? (Optional, don't stress and deviate to other topics, keep coming back to to the central theme)

Now construct a title for your article that actually captures the problem and solution provided by the development.
Not OP but this is so so helpful unlike the usual jabs people like taking on LI, thank you so much!! I hope you have a good day