Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
Listen pal, Friedman, Reagan and Thatcher are the reason why the US and UK economies flourished.
Oh I definitely agree, I've read most of these authors and a lot of them are ideologues that were directly funded by oil corporations to promote a hyper-capitalist view of the economy, so recommending plain ideologues feels a lot like bad faith.
Thank you for the recommendations! I have read Judith Butler, Crenshaw, and Catherine McKinnon, absolutely adore their work, ofc Dr Ambedkar too, do you mind recommending some more feminist authors because i think i'd enjoy reading a few more
Wow. Friedman is considered the most influential economist of the 20th century and you call him bullshit? Sums up the mentality of woke Gen Z TikTokiyas.
Hey, I too will be starting lawschool in around 6 months and have been trying to start reading some books before lawschool starts. Do you want to connect? If yes then mail me at chatwithoggy@pm.me
It is actually a good idea to read people's work even if they are in conflict with each other. It makes for a good intellectual and evaluative exercise IMHO.
Nice suggestions! Other than Srinivasan, whom I haven't read before but will look up now, I concur that all the others named have really produced some stellar work.
Thank you for writing this out, I understand where you're coming from, but reading for me is just a form of familiarising myself with topics in a way I'm comfortable with, I'm not doing this out of hoping to be better than everyone I just like reading books a lot lol
Read ALL the Hamlyn Lectures (from 1949 onwards). An absolute must; non-negotiable.