Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Is a 6 lakh PA for an AO enough to survive in Mumbai? I'm from a different city and I would need to relocate to Mumbai and find a place to rent. Except for the Tier 1s and only a few tier 2 firms, most of these law firms seem to be proudly paying salaries of around 4-6 lakhs. The situation is awful, to say the least.

The only reason I am considering this offer is the thought that it would be easier to laterally move to better law firms after a year or two if I work in Mumbai.

Any opinion on this is welcome.
So you'll have 45k/month in hand.

Rent a good 2BHK for 40-45k/month around Andheri. Share it with a flatmate, your rent will be 20k. If you want to cut corners, share it with 3 flatmates, your rent will be 10k/month.

Utilities, Electricity, Internet, etc - 5000/month

Local train pass - 755/month

Maid- 3000/month (divided by 2 or 4 flatmates)

Rest is discretionary, you could subscribe to a dabba for 5k/month or drop 5k on a night out. Your call.

Unless you have better offers, take this, get some PQE. It's doable, been there done that.
Started off with the same and got a tier I offer within 9 months of my first job. Got a bigger bourse closer to office but the hustle never goes.
Could you share a bit more about the experience? Did you keep applying to Tier 1s while you were still working at the firm?