Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I'm currently interning with ▮▮▮ Law Journal where we're required to publish a certain number of blogs and articles to finish the internship(it's pretty much a "publishing spree" kind of online internship). I was very avid about publishing some papers on certain subject matter I've been researching on for a very long time. However, after seeing the quality of articles that ▮▮▮ has published in the last few volumes, I've really become concerned. I certainly cannot testify to the quality of my own work, but my seemingly average research appears almost Dworkin-like compared to the papers that ▮▮▮ publishes. This has become a matter of grave concern. Is there actually any reason to be concerned or am I just being unnecessarily arbitrary and paranoid? Should I consider leaving this internship(if you don't meet publishing requirements, you don't get an internship certificate) and consider trying to get my work published in more reputed journals? Will the value of my research get negated by the fact that it was published in a run of the mill journal of sorts?

(For reference, ▮▮▮ has 200 research interns who are required to publish this month alone, so it becomes fairly obvious that they're not all that big on quality control.)
We've redacted the name of the journal for now - but it appears that most of the articles are published as blogs on their website, not in the journal?

Are the journal articles of similar quality, or do you mean the blogs mostly?
At the cost of being seen as a grandpa here, let me remind you of the WhatsApp forward where a father gave a stone to his son and asked him to get it valued from different persons, a run of the mill jeweler, a khandaani jeweler, and a museum incharge. The valuation by the museum incharge was 1,000 times more than the valuation by a normal jeweller.
Sheesh, that is one of my bigest nightmares.

I mean it's definitely not worth interning at a place like this but I guess if you've already completed even half of your goal then there is no point leaving.

Imo, it's defiitely something one should be naturally paranoid about. @LegallyIndia please meantion some hints about the name like first and last letters so that we as students could avoid these places and intern at a place that would make us actually grow. One could learn more sitting idle in court than doing this.
Do it for developing a work ethic, which you can then deploy on your journal worthy articles. Be lucky that you get to grind through shit, as that will help you know 'state of the art', and what new you can bring in, for your high quality journal publications. In my case, despite my inventiveness in legal jurisprudence, I've consistently failed to get anything out, because I never developed that work ethic in honing a process in taking an idea from the brain to a published place.

GO FOR IT.
This is just a content farm in the trojan house of a journal. Making 200 free writers churn out pieces is nothing but content farming. They are using the hunger of internships on resume among an vast army of law students wanting to break into law firm market.

If you already know what Dworkin like articles are like, why get snared in such content farms? May as well join North Korean army which may be an happier experience than this nonsense.