Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I'm an outsider. Here and elsewhere I've seen non court going lawyers complain a lot. They complain about their bosses, work life balance, inflexible workplace, even money at times. I'm curious why are you all into law. Is it money? Because there is a lot of money in tech. And you all will be surprised how poor the standards are over there. Your above average interpersonal skills are in high demand. And tech companies don't even care about tech qualifications anymore. They even take BA graduates if they have the right skillsets on their resume. Not every tech job requires people to code.

Work life balance - is pretty good if not top notch. Right to log out after clocking 9-10 hours is very very normal. On an average day, only 4-6 hours of work comes your way.

Boss behavior - You can literally back answer if you're 50% right. And none of them shout/yell even if you're 85% wrong.

Clients - If they're European/Aussie, you're subject to their standards. They even ask you why you're logged in on Friday evenings. And if if your luck is average, you get to travel.

Money - Depends on how often you switch.

How often can one switch - Nobody cares because its an ocean, there is no way your present boss will know your future boss.
"And tech companies don't even care about tech qualifications anymore. They even take BA graduates if they have the right skillsets on their resume. Not every tech job requires people to code."

Sound too good to be true, what job are you talking particularly of
Have had similar thoughts before but the question is, what exactly is the "right skillsets"? That's what it all comes down to and acquiring an appealing skillset for tech based roles isn't easy.
Can you give an example of the jobs in the tech sector that peeps from firms cab go into?