Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Greetings to fellow readers, lawyers and experienced seniors of the fraternity. I needed two cents of your opinion on joining in-house straight after graduating from law school. In my case, it is an MNC(Singaporean) where I am interning currently(in 4th year). My senior offered a PPO(not on paper tho) after a month of working. This happened when I kind of declined extending my internship since I have to look for PPO's as well(also I want to explore my options). I wanted to know the aspects of working in-house, whether it's a good career choice or not in the long run. I understand the predicament of moving lateral to law firms would be arduous/restricted however, I am willing to consider this option.

Initially, I wanted to join a law firm since the work environment and culture does seem appealing to me, both in terms of learning and growth. However, me being an average student coming from a non-nlu background am hesitant to let go of an opportunity at hand, I fear not getting a good law firm package. I have serious financial restrictions/needs hence don't want to settle with the idea of grunt work for a meagre sum. I have only briefly discussed regarding the PPO and my senior said I might get 7-8 LPA as an estimate. If I seriously do consider this offer I will try to negotiate it upto 10 otherwise, I will move on. Wanted to know your thoughts on this. If I take it, what should the future of my career look like? Do you think its a bad idea to join in-house after graduation? Also what things should I keep in mind while choosing my career path?