Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, I'm from a Top-3 NLU and have a callback internship scheduled in a T1 law firm. I've decent extra-curriculars, but not a very good rank. How much does your rank matter during PPO interview? If your team is super happy with your work, will it even matter during PPO interview, because the person taking your interview would be a partner from some other team. Can someone please explain how does it actually work?
It doesn't matter. Ranks are only beneficial in getting you internships through your college recruitment cells. Apart from that they have no value. If you get selected for a PPO interview it means they are almost willing to hire you untill and unless you mess it very bad.
It shouldn't matter provided you do your interview well. Though honestly it will differ from firm to firm and how centralised the firm is. The more de-centralised it is, the team's view will count more.
Mostly all lol, just old partners running shops, nobody has a central board of governance in effe t (don't say luthra)
Depends a lot on partner taking your interview. I know a person who was denied PPO at Trilegal purely due to his rank (which was in the 20-25/120). Fortunately, the person was very intelligent and later got placed at SCAM.
really ? Trilegal? They shortlisted rank 60 at Day 0, PPO interviews are weird there. I know someone who was literally shouted at because the partner thought he was in the 5th yr while he was in the 4rth.
That's the irony, right. At day zero, students with 50+ ranks/120 get placed at Trilegal whereas people in ranks ranging between 20-30s with a recommendation for PPO (after interning twice) are denied jobs.