Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Fully agree with OP. It's all about following fake trends and imitating celebs.
Nothing more pathetic than a 4th/5th year boy chasing a 1st year girl with the promise of helping with studies and internships.
It's very clear who's having FOMO here. Do yourself a favour and find someone.
# Moral Policing 101
Admin seems too lonely and sad but the 5th years have actually lost their mind. [...]
Absolutely spot on and should not be marked trollish. In fact, fresher girls should be warned against dating creepy 5th year guys, keeping in mind the #MeToo cases that happened at 2 other top NLUs (and these are the 2 NLUs where the survivors publicly named the perpetrators, god only knows how many more NLUs there are where the survivors kept quiet).
it is so sad that something so positive as love is looked so badly upon.
glorifying fights is okay but loving love is not?
1. None of your business
2. I should have studied harder for CLAT ;_;
This thread might be considered trollish but - all law school campuses have young women who are preyed upon by senior men. The power dynamic is heavily skewed in the man's favour even when a recent mail thread called out junior men harassing senior people. Himmat leaked information regarding the incident despite not being a college body. Why were they involved in the first place? Please be careful not to date seniors, especially in your first semester and remember you can always say no. Saying no doesn't make you immature, saying no doesn't make you uncool. Only do what you're comfortable doing with people you trust and feel comfortable around.
In a slew of anti-couple measures NUJS has installed over 34 new CCTV cameras (including in classrooms), shutters in academic block and street lights. Severe outrage on whatsapp groups.
Nice. So basically zero outrage over corruption, bad faculty, dubious appointments, political takeover of the college, non-existent infrastructure, falling academic standards etc. But a few cameras installed and all hell breaks loose!

First of all, these are not anti-coupling measures but a โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. What is needed isโ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ , rather than some dumb debate about moral policing.

Second, you are free to make out in public as you anyway do. Only that there will be a camera pointing at you. What's the big deal? Treat it like an episode of Big Boss that won't be broadcast. Shouldn't be a problem as y'all behave like Big Boss drama queens anyway.
The campus has become just like Splitzvilla and Love Island: full of wannabes and fakes but 10 times as toxic and bitchy. Much better to date someone from another college in the city. Much nicer people there. I am lucky that I stay outside of campus that way. Frankly, I don't consider myself a part of NUJS anymore.