Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
A 10-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
I think he was asking if it was enough for a fresher and not someone who has been ghisaaoing at a T1 for a few years and can’t leave because of being inundated with useless expenses.
Honestly, not a bad decision. 60K in Mumbai is roughly the same as 40K in Delhi, so financially the position wouldn't have been a step-up.
Right decision bhai, you save so much on rent in Delhi, plus commute is easier
It's before TDS. Just to update everyone I didn't accepted this offer. Accepted a offer from a Delhi based firm with a little less pay. Don't know if made the right decision. Both firm are almost equivalent I think.
People here are nuts. You need at least 2.5 L a month to survive in Mumbai. 1.2 L for a decent apartment, 90K for expenses, 40K a month savings (down to 20K if your girlfriend is high maintenance and expects meals at the Taj every week).
They would be super expensive, that's why. Else, I would have suggested Worli, Peddar Road, Malabar Hill.
Why do you spend 2K a month on subscriptions? Either download pirated stuff or limit yourself to one OTT platform and the cheapest plan.
My office is in Fort area. I prefer to live near to my office, so which place would you suggest?
My office would be in fort area. Can you suggest where exactly should I look for flats or pg? And more even how to find them? Further can you tell me what is the best way to travel? In Delhi I use the metro, is it the same in Mumbai but with local trains?
Should be okay, allocate 25 k for a shared apartment in Goregaon, Malad, Kandivali. Other expenses will also go up slightly. For the most part, prefer Gokul over Leopold (I still do).
Will 60k be enough to survive in Mumbai? Absolutely yes.
Will 60k be enough to lead a comfortable and cushy life? I don't think so, but it really depends on you.
the rent in Mumbai is astronomically high as compared to Delhi. Double your budget for rent and travelling if you want to live comfortably. rest is up to you ad where you wat to spend your money