Read 50 comments as:
Filter By
Which universities would you suggest for law scholars to pursue PhD in if NLUs are not an option ? Apart from JNU, TISS, IITs.
Brand value sets your foot in the door. Whether you like to accept it or not. In the long run, it's your own publications but in the immediate future it's the universities brand value at stake.
The MPhil has been abolished. You now only have PhD. Unfortunately you will have to clear the UGC NET, otherwise you won't even be called for the interview.
No. In Indian academia, unfortunately, you cannot chose your advisor. I did my PhD in IPR under a family law professor. Sigh.
There's no such preference. It would depend on your CV, proposal and interview.
Is NLS still preferred especially with the VC sitting on final thesis ? I've heard they prefer only NLS or NALSAR alumni or abroad. Is it true ? Does a non-nlu student like me have a chance ?!
NALSAR vs NLUD vs NUJS. Since the NLS VC is sitting on PhDs for 2 years. It's better to join the other 3 mentioned NLUs.
Hey! this is actually really useful information. Will def keep this in mind. Thank you good sir!
Buddy your comment lacks a coherent thread of logic. I suggest you start with syllogisms for now.
Wait is this NLS or JGLS?
Name and shame these profs. Totally unethical.
WHAT! that's terrible, is this recent? as in during SK's time or before? that would be really helpful information
why not the UK? there are fully funded + maintenance scholarships in all Russell group unis + plate glass unis
Yeah, right? that is what it seems like! any clue if you can choose your supervisor?
Please avoid! If you must do a PhD in India choose the policy schools at IIT and IM, or TISS and JNU if you are left leaning.
Well, having seen both regimes, what Sudhir has done for the PhD programme is truly remarkable. It is now a world-class programme, with dedicated advisors, cutting-edge pedagogy and so on.
Hi! Just want to know if anyone has any idea about how the PhD at NLSIU for law is like? Don't want this to be a critique of the VC but generally want to know how invested etc are the supervisors?