Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
1. There is negative marking for every wrong attempt. I attempted 48 out of 50 legal questions in mains which took my score down, should've left it at 42-43.
2. I did not take any resource for the legal papers, was also preparing for Judicial services so i was used to reading bare acts in a preparation mode. I did saw some videos to tackle the reasoning part on youtube. I dont think you have to take any coaching for that. The only thing you should once take a note of is the previous year questions to get an idea of what you will be getting. There are multiple videos on YT for that too.
3. Constitutional law you will have to do, there is no other way. Again, keep reading the bare act only.
They only ask a couple of questions from CPC in both pre and mains. It won't be your downfall, it won't get you to clear the paper. Just get a reading of the important parts. Get to it only after you've covered everything else.
Mr M. Damodaran, the (then) Chairman of SEBI visited NLSIU in 2007 (or 8) and delivered what was at least partly, a pre-placement talk. In course of this session, he categorically mentioned that he didn't expect "bright" law graduates to remain with SEBI for more than a couple of years. His pitch as a recruiter was that SEBI offers a good and reasonably well paid "first job" and one should not join with the intention to spend his/her entire working life with SEBI. From what I have gathered (over the past few years) after speaking with few friends and acquaintances working with SEBI, pay and allowances wise, among "public sector" employers, it is perhaps one among the best, but working hours depend mostly on the team/Member one works with and promotions aren't time-bound or as regular they need to be.
It can be done within 3 months with 3 hours of prep each day. The SEBI and allied acts are very simple. Companies Act can take some time. Read last time's notification and only prepare what will come in the course. A lot of chapters are not part of syllabus. Skip CPC, CRPC, IPC, IBC if you dont have time. These acts will only account for at max 5 questions out of 50. Make sure you write killer essays to boost your score.
First of all, no one knows when the exam will be. The being said, if we assume it is in March 2023 then believe me, you have ample time to cover the syllabus multiple times. Focus more on the securities and company law. Go through their bare act as many times as you can. I cleared Sebi grade A's pre last year with a couple of months of preparation although i couldn't make it through mains due to over attempting the questions. And don't forget the part 1 of phase 1 exam, the reasoning paper. People often ignore it only to not being able to clear the pre itself because of that.