Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
So I had applied to a firm that mainly deals with startup matters. I got a callback from there and here is the sequence of events.

1. I was asked to interview with the PE/VC partner. He asked me almost no questions whatsoever and I realized that his mind is made up and either I am in or out. He takes virtual interview then goes on to take a physical interview of me.

2. Sends me an assignment, I did well in it. (I am saying this because I got another PE/VC partner to review it and he liked it). But gave me feedback that it lacked "substance". Rejected

3. Offered to interview me for Corporate Advisory team. Round 1: physical interview. I was told that I am cleared and I should receive an offer letter by tonight.

4. I was told that I also need to talk to the senior partner (as a formality). I did the same, I was asked to give them a few references, which I promptly provided.

5. Now I got a call today telling me that my references looked "fake"???? I offered them the following:
5.1 Call the persons and verify the information;
5.2 I can arrange a physical meeting between the concerned parties.

HR guy said that he will let me know after talking to someone else.

I am personally offended and at a loss for words, I don't know what is going on in their head. 4 interviews so far, satisfactory assignment and satisfactory references (references that I DID NOT FAKE) and they are telling me now that the references were fake?? What in the hell is going on over here??

I wouldn't take it personally if they tell me that I am rejected, why this convoluted scheme to reject me? Are all law firms this asshole-ish?

They could have just told me no, but instead are leaving me hanging. Its been more than 2 months now. I am lost, scared, angry and seething.

Idk what I expect here, but I am royally pissed. Consider this venting I guess.
My brother, didn't you read the adage . No woo, for Non-Nlu. It's virtually impossible to get into a decent ish law firm ,even with experience if you're from a private law college.Ya if you have strong connections then things are otherwise .