Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Figures below from an email by Prof C RajKumar. Make no mistake: this is the result of a long-term focus on good faculty by Jindal, over a 10 year period. The results are bearing fruit. Everyone on LI mocked Jindal in its early years. They said that good faculty makes no difference and no one will recruit from Jindal. They have been proven wrong. Meanwhile, look at how NLUs are progressing. Not one current VC interested in hiring good faculty, except Prof Sudhir Krishnaswamy. Most NLU alumni prefer Jindal over teaching at NLUs (except NLSIU). Prof Faizan Mustafa out of NALSAR and Prof Ranbir Singh out of NLUD, while TMC party lackeys have taken over NUJS. Also, over 70% reserved seats in many NLUs and many bright students who would otherwise have gone to NLUs are now heading to Jindal.

Remember, competition between law schools is a marathon, not a race. NLUs do not have a birthright to be better than Jindal because of alumni achievements.

CAM: 44
Trilegal: 17
AZB: 7
SAM: 7
Khaitan: 4
Luthra: 2
AZB: 1
Saraf: 3
ICICI: 1
Indus: 7
Argus: 3
Panag & Babu: 3
Veritas: 3
Spice Route Legal: 1
Okay. With excellent faculty, world class infra and sky high fees, Jindal finally manages to place 12% of their batch after 10 years. With supposedly bad faculty, terrible infra and much lesser fees, the NLUs have been placing more than 50% of their batches and almost 100% of everyone who wishes to get a job, for the last 30 years. It clearly shows how Jindal is doing an amazing job. But keep up the PR. Even now, the average graduate outcome of Jindal is far behind most of the NLUs even though one needs to spend almost 4 times more to study there.
Which nlu apart from nls, nalsar and nujs manages to place "almost everyone who wishes to get a job" exactly? And how exactly do you quantify "graduate outcome"? Let me remind you that the nlus are not just the top 4-5 ones, there are currently 26 NLUs in the country. How exactly you've managed to determine which college's "graduate outcome" is what amongst so many thousand students who graduate from all the nlus and jindal and other institutions of the like is frankly beyond me.

And what 30 years? Most of the nlus haven't even been around for 39 years. Perhaps when you talk about "NLUs" you're really just talking about NLS. And may I point out to you that NLS hasn't even released placements stats since the pandemic began.
In reality the placements are probably over 150+ at JGLS for 2023 graduating batch when counting PPOs not included by the OCS and VC in their hurriedly written email. Is there a single 'Nalayak Law University' (NLU), among like 30+ NLUs and increasing, that may give JGLS any tough competition this year?
In terms of making profit for the university, no. In terms of producing better students and placing them and providing other opportunities to them, all the top 5-6 NLUs are doing way better than Jindal. Even if one does not take the fees into account.
NLUs are known for their students' achievements and not only their alumni's. This is such a sad job of PR and jealousy and precisely why Jiggles gets hammered by others. It is never enough for their people to be happy for their own work, they will have to do needless comparison and bring others down to prove that they are up. So let me, o supercilious one, all the NLUs are going down the drain, all bright students go to Jiggles and all good teachers too. So how come your students still don't have 'better achievements' than those from the NLUs you disparage here? As for your 100+ placement, that's still out of 850 and out of which, over 500 people actually signed up for placements. Every single NLU that you have named does better than that. Why don't you just name any field where an average Jiggles student would be considered better than those from NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUD etc? Because you cannot. And that's after one pays 400% of the NLU fees to study at Jiggles. That's why it is so sad that you still cannot cheer your own good work without spitting at others.
Why don't you guys ever talk about your batch size? 100 offers means nothing if you have a batch size of 400+. Also, Jindal is one of the worst places to go, mainly because of its lack of quality in students and, most importantly,Β poor ROI. Paying close to 50 lakhs + additional cost isn't worth it if you get a package of 16 lakhs after grinding your way through law school. Jindal will always be placed below T1 NLUs.
The honest way to put it:

1. About 100 out of a batch of 720 students received job offers.

2. About 50% of those offers were due to an unusual one-off hiring by an expanding law firm.

[...]
I think these are excellent placement figures and I shall state my reasons and would appreciate if reasons are rebutted with reasoning instead of ad hominem.

1) Nobody is denying the massive numbers, but people are complaining that this is only a small proportion of the total student populace at Jindal. I wouldn’t contend the fact that the batch size is humongous but you also need to agree to the fact that Jindal alone eating up more than 1/6 of the total 14 LPA+ available in the country on its zero day alone is in itself a huge feat.

2) It is very clear that people in the comments section are either from universities that do not have zero day, or freshers or alike. I say this because everyone is criticising Jindal for β€œmanaging to place 10% of its batch” on a post about zero day figures. Just in case you don’t know, zero day is called zero day because it marks the starting of placement season for the new entrants in final year of law school and the placement season goes on throughout the year. To put it in simpler words for the freshers, Zero Day Placements and Final Day Placements are two entirely different things, there is still one year of placement process left.

3) A lot of people are coming up with imaginary numbers for the batch size of 2023 batch. I am not denying your numbers because it’ll be my word against your word. I am taking those numbers as they are. But then here is a personal observation of mine, that I can not prove until you visit Jindal and you may or may not take my word for it. Unlike in NLUs, it is extremely difficult to find a Jindal student who is actually sitting for placements. Infact, a prominent tier 1 law firm saw atleast 10 of its offers rejected due to the sheer fact that students wanted to sit for placement for the thrill but didn’t want to do the Job. Jindal students come from privileged background, it makes more economical sense for them to take up their dad’s chambers or business than a tier 1 job. A huge proportion of the final year law batch has already left for pathways (4 year at Jindal + a 2 year JD abroad) and then there’s another crowd which will go for LLM abroad. Again owing to the privilege, it is easier for Jindal students to afford higher ed. In NLUs, around 50% of the batch does not sit for placement as is also evident from an agitated comment above, the figure would be around 80% for Jindal.

I am not saying that Jindal is the best university in the country but people have been underestimating it for no reason. Jindal is doing what was expected out of it. You put so much money you are deemed to succeed.

The NLU ROI will always remain better. What would take an average NLU grad an year to get back would probably take an average jiggles 5 years. Honestly if Jindal does better, which in my opinion it eventually will by putting 110+ alumni out there each year in tier 1 jobs, still NLU kids shouldn’t get corny, this is how the private vs govt fight goes, you already know from the experience around you. But you should be happy as long as you’re placing all your students and getting a far better RoI. Your hypothetical worse off in terms of stats will always still be better off in terms of financial sense and that will never change no matter how great Jindal becomes
To rebut one of your points, it is presumptuous of you to believe that other people aren't aware of Day Zero. If anything, you yourself reveal your ignorance about Day Zero in top NLUs. 75-90% of the students from NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUD who actually want jobs get placed on Day Zero itself. That's been the trend for years now. Only a handful are left after that, who opt for other recruiters. Compared to that, 500 plus Jindal students actually applied for recruitment in this year, and yes, I'm aware of the figure. That's out of a 5 year batch size of 650 plus and I'm not even counting the 3 year LLB students, counting whom it would become 800 plus total batch size. Out of those, 100 plus students have been placed. The difference is therefore rather stark, with hundreds of students who want jobs still left to placed.

Nobody is saying that the 100 plus placement isn't good. It is obviously the best that Jindal has ever done and better than most new NLUs. However, the issue as usual is that of Jindal people taking one step forward and then claiming to have already won the race. So long as they don't keep projecting themselves to be the best and better than any other institution in the country, nobody would point out that they are still way behind the top NLUs in any kind of graduate outcome. Case in point, Symbiosis manages to place plenty of graduates every year too, but nobody is disparaging them, because they know very well that they have far to go still.
Let me make one thing very clear, a university is not just about getting a placement. It’s about where you go in life after taking that degree. Placements is just one factor, many people in Jindal go abroad to pursue their higher studies because unlike NLUs Jindal focuses on research and academia. Anyone can secure a job but publishing papers, being thorough with your field of interest is something that you can call yours. Even law firms are keen on hiring people with LLMs because they are sure that the person has a keen interest in a specific area of law. Jindal alums are not only placed in top law firms in India but also abroad in top international firms like White & Case, DLA Piper etc.

As on the figures of placement where Jindal places almost 150 students every year so do other NLUs. NLUs manage to get placements for most of their batch because it’s easier to place a batch when you only have 100-150 students in total. A university can place people not create more jobs in a sector which is why Jindal manages to do great in its placements even in comparison to NLUs. Also students are great and there is a lot of competition within university to get opportunities unlike NLUs where one can easily get into societies because of low batch size.

Not against NLUs but the fact that according to our population NLUs don’t have enough seats and great talent misses out to get into an NLU which than goes to Jindal. Also Jindal is way better and a preference for everyone who gets an NLU below tier 1. Jindal is definitely a better option in terms of everything but many people can’t afford it and hence discard it to be a university of rich just because they’re jealous.
Only LI trolls claim that Jindal focuses on academics and research for their students. The quality of many students and graduates from there that I have come across is distinctly worse than the top NLUs at least. And they are lazy and entitled to a great extent. As for LLM, Jindal students don't get any more scholarships than NLU students in terms of proportion. As for 150 jobs, those are not of the same quality and even then, it's barely 20% of the batch. So quit trying to pass off the place as giving some amazing ROI to students.
You see this ppo list to declare the success of Jindal is useless.CAM-44 PPOs is not because they are bright candidates but because these candidates are rich kids with powerful lineage and contacts.
Are you kidding me? Bro 100 jobs out of a batch of 700+ . Don't just tell the number of job offers. Tell us the per cent of batch that is placed.
As a prospective jobless graduate whose college won’t give 2 craps about changing their ways, we bow down to the JGLS supremacy. We had 3 T1 firms hiring in peanuts last year and this year looks even worse. JGLS has taken over the SLS market. SLS placement cell- please grow the hell up. Look at our numbers, we can’t rely on random in-house placements forever!
Is this true? I heard that SLS’24 only had 2 placements this year? Wake up CPD!