Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Any idea how much do IP firms like Anand, Remfry etc pay? I'm a first year law student (CLC DU) and a patent agent. I've interned at boutique firms like KNS and Lall and Sethi previously but the associates are v discreet about the salaries. Also what is the salary of IP associates in firms like Khaitan , LKS etc? Are they paid lesser than Corporate peers?

Should i consider switching to Gen Corporate. Have 3 back to back internships at Corporate lined up..but it is like starting from scratch. Whereas in IP i have experience and can internships at Remfry etc
The work culture at IP botique firms is self satisfying. I've been put into a silo where I have to do the same clerical work again and again, everyday. No new learning, no new challenges to grow. They pay peanuts to Patent associates as compared to General Corporate. Even the fat firms like Khaitan & Co pays half to IP associates (45k pm) as compared to General Corporate (1L+ pm).

And, if you are a beast in learning new things, go into corporate (this is what I've heard over the few years).

Please do your due diligence before making any concious decision. Do variety of internships, then you'll be at a better position to analyse. All the best :)
K&S Partners pay approx 50,000/- per month for A0 but offers great work life balance. Sure you could make more in corp but you will always be b***hing about endless work. Anand and Anand pays more but runs more like a corp law firm so I would avoid it. Remfry & Sagar is also in the same category. I would stick to K&S, Mason, Khaitan, LKS. WS Kane is very hectic no idea about pay. Lall & Sethi is Rahul Choudhary Associates now I think and they also pay decent as far I know, also very tech savvy too.
Lall & Sethi is not Rahul Choudhary - they're still very much a separate law firm :)