Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Instead of giving this ridiculous advice, please sound optimistic. Stop behaving like Rahul Gandhi.
To be honest, not sure if the (Indian) LLM is going to be a ticket to a Tier 1 firm. Rather, might be better to start out at a tier 2/3 law firm (or even a boutique firm). Work hard for 18-24 months, and you will be picked up by a Tier 1 firm. I know multiple folks who have managed this.

On the other hand, the LLM (even from NLS/NLUD/NALSAR) will not be adding any value to your professional ambitions. Do it only if you want to consider academia as a career. This is the sad reality of the Indian LLM, though a reputable foreign LLM (Oxbridge/HYS) can help build your profile (though from your description of your academic record during LLB, might be tough to make it especially without work experience).
What is this ridiculous advice .Mortgage your house and leave the country if someone hasn't graduated with a job. Without any plan randomly just do MBA. Wow 🤦
Having worked (and flourished) in law firms for last 10 years, I can say that best is yet to come. You are just starting your career. Have faith and work towards it. Try to do more internships, legal writing, networking etc. I will be glad to help. Share your number and I will call you.
Bass kar bhai/behen. Bahut log h apke jaise. Some studied & worked hard yet failed. So please. If you don't have contacts or aren't good at communication, an LLM won't help. You have to help yourself all by yourself. And when u realize this truth, you'll become a alcoholic/ganjedi again. Good times and sure shot placement are a myth in law. Depression and Divorce is real. Do yourself a favor and do an MBA or mortgage your house and migrate abroad! That's how it is. Stop cribbing. Man/Woman Up!
Kindly connect - seriouspen@gmx.com .. Wish to learn a bit from you . I am not trolling. I need info
Dear Intellectuals,

Despite several months having passed, there seems to be no light at the end of my tunnel. Still in a dark place.
Despite having passed out of a great university, the ugly never seems to fade away.

So, I sort of screwed up my UG course (fun peers+ alcohol). Tried yoga, exercise and routine. I have also managed to get admitted to a LLM at a premier Indian NLU. Had nothing on my CV which could help me secure a decent job. So I need to go to college and study (last time didn't do so). Hence opting for the LLM.

Just wanted to know what I could do to solidify the job prospects as the financial situation of my folks is worsening by the day. Hence, I want a sure shot chance of getting a PPO. Can't afford to lose this time. I am well prepared and feel super-human. Capable of anything and everything. Honestly, I've never felt so confident (EVER). Please guide me. I know you all are experts in this domain. My aim is secure a place in any of the great firms (T1/T2).

My Area of Interest (after a lot of thought and research) is Capital Markets/ Gen Corp. To maximize the chances of getting shortlisted for internships/interviews what should I do? Should I focus on publishing articles/blogs etc? Or is there ANYTHING else I can do? Kindly Advise. AFAIK the placements aren't good for the LLMs in my Uni. Any advise would be appreciated by my confidence stuck in this dark dumb pit without a ray of hope. Thanks.