Read 84 comments as:
Filter By
A 3-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
The two arguments are not the same. NIRF is a bad and unsound ranking, yes. Do they specifically target faizan and mark NALSAR lower than NLUD and NLSIU? Lol!
Epw is a reputed peer review journal. People with good reputations to lose have published in it. And it is peer reviewed. Says so on the website! The only reason you can give for it not being reputed is that you don’t like it!
So you think Symbi Pune deserves a perception score of 100- better than ANY other university in the country?
I am not positing that it is some conspiracy theory targeting FM, but to believe that Symbi is genuinely better and deserved the rank is just bizarre.
How's saying VS Elizabeth or Nandimath might make a better VC than FM trollish? And I don't even like the two of them.
Is that true about chefs and drivers? Why does any person need 4 chefs and drivers? why does he need a driver at all? He stays on campus and his office is a 5 minute walk? I dont understand this culture sometimes. Shouldnt VCs model austerity or at least not be wasteful?
I watched the video and there was a fifth year who spoke at the event, nobody else. Everyone else was just cheering? What are you referring to?
A 74-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
The non-teaching staff are downright terrified of him though. I am speaking from personal experience. I have got nothing against the chap myself.
It speaks about FM's character that most of the students who spoke at his farewell were first years who had barely been Nalsarites for a week. Good and necessary riddance.
No one is sending the YouTuber to Rajya sabha, I can guarantee that.
true
there is no comparison between FM and Sudhir - sudhir is by far doing a pretty good job
let him go, we didn't like him anyway, so toxic and condescending but keeps saying will care for kids
the only ad hominem i have seen on this thread is that nalsar kid telling someone they're not qualified to have an opinion because they're not "qualified" because they didn't go to nalsar.
Lol tier one publications kathe. Does he have tier 5? I doubt it.
Sudhir on the other hand actually held the BR Ambedkar chair at Columbia and people here still tryna claim FM is a better scholar. Smh.
Mod: this is not trollish or abusive or unfactual. This is a person with a different opinion. Do you want us to give you a dictionary?
That answer makes no sense to me. It’s trollish cause it’s trollish. It’s not factual. You know everything about FM? You know whether the person is trolling or genuinely expressing an opinion? I’ve seen wayyy worse stuff about other VCs get the pass.
Because a lot of comments - and many of which in this thread aren't even about FM - are clearly trollish, while a few about FM that are not published are abusive or not factual. Criticism is fine, just do it in context and not in an ad hominem manner.
ya but who asked about this though? surely sensible people can agree that whether or not an institution is national in character shouldn't depend on who the chancellor is?
Scopus is not the right measure of a scholars achievements. And the open secret about FMs academic practices should settle the question once it for all- but LI won’t allow folks to write anything bad about their fave.
Check out Sudhir's SCOPUS publication list. I haven't seen a single peer-reviewed good journal publication there either.
Good to see the man's back. Time to install a person who can actually get the job done and not indulge in whataboutery only
Does someone know of the sequence of events that lead to this? Why such a sudden move without a clear successor? (In NUJS, it was the student protests. Here, the students were pretty approving of their VC).
Why is it taking so long for the next VC to be selected? The selection committee people all have very good credentials. What’s the problem?
Of the lot, Shashikala Gurpur, Lizzy, even Nandi or VCV might be a step up for NALSAR. [...]
what is this bizarre moderation bias toward FM? he couldn't possibly give you anything in return! the man isn't so unselfish also. you're moderating comments as contested and trollish before even publishing them? for real?
Rumoured names for next VC:

- V Balakista Reddy
- Shashikala Gurpur
- VC Vivekanandan
- VS Elizabeth
- OV Nandimath
A 25-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Who will be the next VC? I have a feeling it could be OV Nandimath of NLSIU.
You have got zero credential to make that judgment. Nor are you from NALSAR. Had you been, then you wouldn't have had to go around asking for reviews of obscure firms on an anon forum.
A 65-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
The few good remaining profs there will not head to NLSIU or Jindal. 🌝
See, this is why all NLU students need to unite and lobby for more transparency and better governance.

First they came for CNLU. But I did not do anything I was not in CNLU.
Then they came for NUJS. But I did not do anything as I was not in NUJS.

etc etc.